heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Avatar size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I don't like the 10kb maximum file size, I mean, it could be like 100kb with no problem even for dial-up connections, considering there can only be 10 posts(by default) opened for each thread page and if everyone had exactly the max of 100kb, it'd be 1mb, about the same size as or much smaller than those 10 people's signatures together and there isn't a max size for it.
Even getting it to 50kb is already awesome, but 300kb+ would be ideal. Animated avatars are great too but the smallest size I can get it is around 20~30kb.
Even at 10kb, the upload does not work.

You sort of have to host it through an external site.
(Worst case here)

300k x 20 post per page (what I currently use) = 6 meg per page.

Reading every thread with new post (maybe 15 a day) 2~3 times a day (because of new posts) ~= maybe 30~45 page load?

6 meg * 30~45 = 180~270 meg per day -> 1.26 gig~1.89 gig per week, or 5.4gig~8.1gig per month, just for browsing the hero server???With my *insert bad word here* internet connection???

No please T~T

But increasing to 20kb~25kb could be a good compromise...?
I'm more surprised by the signature limit than anything... avatar has a good restriction, but then people easily uses pictures that will stretch the screen for miles and miles and have multiples of them too >_<;
I think the size limit on sigs is fine but we're limited to only two pictures? I had to combine little bits of my sig into one picture just to add the Siroma.. We should be allowed as many pictures as we want but only within a certain set of dimensions.
That's what I get from posting this at 3AM, I was totally thinking the 10kb size was to hosted images too. Sweat
Oh well, at least we could get an avatar and signature size update then, avatars could be around 150x150, that'd be great, with a limited signature dimension but more images limit.
Yea, Kadar, but that Siroma is creepy and in no way makes me want to give you the option to add even MORE pictures Icon_biggrin
The siroma is cute, from cloudy I would guess, she has a nice style ^_^

I think avatar are fine as they are.

Sig are limited in characters and there is no option to add a "max size taken by the picture", so status quo for now. Don't stretch the page.
Reference URL's