heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Drop rate question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not making any suggestions here, I just want to list my train of thought and see what you guys think...

A card's drop rate is by default 0.01% along with a few other rare gears, so on this server with a 3x drop, that means it has a 0.03% drop chance. I haven't used probability since Algebra II in HS so I'm a bit rusty, but I know that it would be around 3000 kills of that one type of monster to have a good chance of finding a card - if you've been on the only one on the map the entire time; most likely a very boring week. (Btw, does the mob spawn with pre-set drops, or does the % chance happen on the kill?).

On a private server with less than 500 people, the economy tends to hurt, and the odds of finding what you're looking for off a merchant are pretty slim. Personally, I like the lower leveling rate, but what if the drop rate was 30x? So the server would be like 5/5/30. This way, the extra drop rate would make up for the lack of people, it would only take about 300 kills to have that same drop chance. So if someone happens to find an mvp card, it's not for sale for 999mil zenny, it would be the normal range. And if you have an odd build you want to test out, the chances are that no one will be selling your items. But then you could just go get them yourself. And new people to the server can go find starting cards/gear much easier to take out the rough edge of starting an account.

But if it was this good, why aren't there any low rate servers that do this? There must be something wrong with it that I just don't see. I'm open to enlightenment.
The server has various other ways in order to obtain many cards. For example, fishing will reward you with an OCA on an off chance.

I honestly think increasing card rates is one of the worst things a server, especially low rates, can do. That would affect all cards, including MvP cards. Imagine running around with a population of only 100 but a good portion have some ungodly cards that were never meant to be in such a high circulation in the first place.

Card Drop Rate is also set as % chance on kill. Otherwise there would be an abuse that you could count yourself killing 2,999 porings and then switching to go kill say a Golden Thief Bug.

Most cards have a purpose on this server, even the little poring card >_> Hatter Quests would be significantly easier and the idea of rare hats goes down the drain as well Cry
In fact, this server should be 5/5/5.

With 5/5/3 people tend to level too fast without getting the drops associated with that playing time. That is why the economy isn't perfect and never will be.

We can do nothing about it (changing the rate would be unfair for ancients players).

Highlight to see what howver could be done : RESET
Ah yes, I haven't had the time to familiarize myself with the custom quests and abilities. And General_Argos has a good point. rather than 5/5/30 to make up for less people, 5/5/5 would already do that, and the current 5/5/3 does as well. Thank you both for clearing that up for me.
I personally dont see why the item drop rate is always lower than the base and job. Like General said the leveling and the gear wont go hand to hand like the game was meant. If Gravity wanted to be jerks about it then the rates would be 1/1/0.5 or even less, but they arent like that.
Icon_suprised I'd never be against a 5/5/5 >_> I'm just against significant differences like x30 :x
I am for a .03x /.03x /.00001x Server, WHO IS WITH ME!?
omg spire, your ratez iz too high! must have lower ratez!! .000001x/.000001x/.0000000000000001x

=D

also @Krim j00 phail Sweat
\=4735 5|-||_|/\/5 J00 |3047|-|.
Frogboy Wrote:also @Krim j00 phail

explain
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's