heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Forum Incentive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think more people need to use the forums cause it's really always the same people posting.

Could we add points or something, anything really that could be used towards a benefit? Giftbox in game>

I really have no solid idea maybe someone can expand on what I have here :o.
sakurato's sig Wrote:
conch Wrote:there's a 20% chance to fall asleep and lose your homun during toh D:
ILY conch you make me giggle :D

conch really needs to get rid of that tylenol pm card =P

anyway, incentive wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it was kept under heavy control, as i could see a whole bunch of spam popping up just to get free items in-game.
WELL that's a given.

I had already accepted that as a fact.

I am still looking for ideas on a system to make this into an actual suggestion.
RMS style zeny where we can purchase cute upgrades like colored names *I want mine to be purple or red like how Pand gets to be green*

But um, don't we have better things to do than how to make the forums cooler? Just tell people on heRO to go on forums more and post for fun, get conversations started on @main or anywhere else taken to forums or something.
i wonder if these boards can implement some sort of system like that though, where the GMs can give/take points based on forum performance. Like for example, by staying on topic, starting a topic of some relevance, or reporting different things, whether bugs in-game, bots, etc. and then once you have enough for the item or item set you want, then you can exchange your points when a GM is on, or if it is possible to access forum data from in-game, then have an NPC do the exchange and reducing your point total.

edit @ aaron: it isn't just to make the forums a cooler place to hang out, but there's been a number of occasions where people who haven't registered for the forums who have something to say or report ask someone else to do so on their behalf. there isn't any reason to not be on the forums, even if only to do reports on bots or bring up issues or whatnot about different things.
Frogboy asking the GMs to give away and take points from individual people is WAAAAY to much work. If something were to be done it would have to be almost 100% auto-mated.
can i trade in my post count ):
Already so many nubs on forums Cry
Just let them use it if they want to. Most of the time people ask GMs questions in Main, we already point them to the forum or wiki if possible. They may miss out on important dates or other information if they don't want to use the forum, which is really their choice.
That works until people get in trouble for fighting. "You have a computer and internet already, go look on the forums" vs "You're mean, it's so easy to just give me the answer, I don't like forums" ends up being a long and pointless argument that just makes people angry, as we've demonstrated more than once.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's