heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: RO renewal: The new world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
some of you probably already noticed but doddler previewed the new world on his site.

dont look if you dont want the world to be spoiled. but then again probably years before pservers get it.

has footage of the Midgard Three Kingdom Alliance Expedition Camp, the Tribe of Giants- Manuk, and the Sprite Village Splendide

http://rojournal.doddlercon.com/

gravity did a good job the new world looks INSANE.
They all look awesome even though too "WoWish", like everything Gravity is making for RO...
YOU'RE TOO WoWish >: O.

The world looks pretty good in my opinion. Wish the giants were actually GIANT.
Lol yeah. They're a little bigger than him mounting the ferus.
And I hate WoW, so boring... D:
mmmm I agree with Kohaku, Gravity seems to be basing the "New World" on a more fantasy-exotic-plant-based concept than Current RO-which is more....I would say, modern-steam-punk post industrialization era (with the exception of the asian based towns, which are more rural market - feudalism age Asia - based and the more obvious themed towns (nilfheim umbala etc)

Hey at least the new world is definitely new, and not reiterations of old towns.

The music is very catchy. Lately I have been regrettably grinding with music off. I welcome this new celtic - gaelic(?) / renaissance music.
The world itself looks awesome. I wouldn't mind trying to take on some of those monsters.

It's the class "rebalance" I have issues with...
hmm yes the rebalance seems to upset alot of people due to the fact that its "slowing" the game down.

keep in mind, however, that this is designed for a 150 level cap. The current game cant continue to 150 with current physics without becoming ridiculous.
As much as I personally am always quite interested and willing to try the renewal mechanics, I still say that it should've been what RO2 is going to be... fixes is fine, but when you get that drastic to the point only monsters, sprites, and names remain, just call it a new game... >>;
So pretty! And cool music too
GM-Ayu Wrote:As much as I personally am always quite interested and willing to try the renewal mechanics, I still say that it should've been what RO2 is going to be... fixes is fine, but when you get that drastic to the point only monsters, sprites, and names remain, just call it a new game... >>;

mixed on this. RO's charm (and the only good thing about it) is the overhead platform that allows the game to be so fast paced. making RO into a 3D game would alienate the original fanbase by making it into a different, though not necessarily worse, game.

on the other hand what you say makes sense of course.
Reference URL's