heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hard disk died/Linux wont run heRO =(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well my hard disk (the one with M$ Window$) died and I have no money to buy a new one, so yeah, Im out of hero for the moment. Im runing my other OS rigt now but Ubuntu cant seem to run heRO ( it does run other pservers but who wants to play there?). So I guess no heRO for me in a while. Take care all, till we meet again No1
Windows emulator. Ok
aw that sucks... hope you can get it fixed soon...

GL and HF!

-w-
>_< NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

We need yew!!! </3
Kirby_Z, hero works fine in wine, I'm a linux user as well and can use hero without any problems, after doing a slight fix.

The trick is to run this command before you start hero, to work around a bug:
sudo iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 108.105.110.101 -j DNAT --to 70.38.64.91

For some reason its trying to connect to the wrong ip, and that command redirects the connection to the right one. Not sure if the 108.x ip is the same for everyone or if the ip changes from computer to computer, if it doesn't work sniff your own connection to see what ip its trying to connect to and use that instead of the 108.x one.

(the server is down for everyone right now, so obviously you need to wait for it to go back up before you try this)
Thanks for your suggestion TPC, hope it helps Kirby, otherwise, dual boot maybe? Windows is sucky but hey it works XD
Well I have Good, Bad, Worst and Better news.

The bad news are that somehow the grub loader stoped working and now I can't access neither the broken windows nor Linux/Ubuntu.??The Worst news is due to the lack of OS access I took the choice of deleting the Linux/Ubuntu (Actually it was nagging wife's choise XD since she dont like Linux) The Good news is that I installed a fresh copy of WinXP and are now able to play heRO (the patcher even works now, YAY!) The Better news is that Im going to buy me a 500GB external HD to place all the data there and leave the OS disk as clean as posible and once I do that I will reinstall Ubuntu.??So yes I guess that Im kinda back.

@TCP: Thanks a lot man Icon_biggrin

EDIT: Why is the server down?
Also I tried running heRO but the main windows doesn't even pops up, it's like it tries to open but quickly gets closed.
I shall refer you to our other threads? Sweat
Is it working now?
Reference URL's