heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Detective Conan Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Known as Cased Closed in America, which is surprisingly one of the best dubs in the last several years.

?? Info:
???? Case Closed, also known as Detective Conan (名探偵 コナン Meitantei Konan?) in Japan and most other countries, is a Japanese detective manga and anime series written and illustrated by Gosho Aoyama and serialized in Weekly Shōnen Sunday since 1994. In the English world, it was renamed "Case Closed" due to legal issues concerning the name with that of the Conan the Barbarian franchise.
Case Closed follows the adventures of Shinichi Kudo, a prodigious young detective who was investigating a secret criminal organization when he was knocked out and given a drug that was supposed to kill him, but inadvertently transformed his body back to that of his seven-year-old self
Case Closed is adapted into an anime series by the animation studio Tokyo Movie Shinsha, directed by Kenji Kodama and Taiichiro Yamamoto, and airs in Japan on Nippon Television, Yomiuri TV and Animax. The first episode aired on January 8, 1996, with 520 episodes as of December 15, 2008. The series has seen high levels of popularity in both manga and anime formats in Japan since its reception, and has also been adapted into 12 Golden Week movies, with the first released on April 17, 1997, and one movie released each year since. Ten of the movies held a top 10 box office position in the year they were screened. In addition, nine OVAs have been released.
??HaHa taken from Wiki Icon_razz
DISCUSS!!! plox? If you wanna read the manga beyond the 19vol put out by viz or dont wanna waste money email me
whatieatismine -at- yahoo.com
??
<3d that show.

I so wish that, Lupin the 3rd, and Inuyasha came on Adult Swim still, I hate what they've done to cartoon network now.. *grew up on CN*

Speaking of which....I don't even know what channel they changed CN to in my area yet... it was 54.

Also like Death Note, but haven't watched too many of the english ones on AS, watched alot of eps. over a friends house with subtitles one night though. Icon_razz

ps: I think it's Detective Conan, not Dective? :D

edit : psps :: I also believe this should have been in the Anime section. /ok *expects it to get moved* Icon_razz
Haha I was raised on CN to :D good times but now it kind of sucks.

Lupin the 3rd is amazing but I wonder if there even making new episode sin english anymore? I know some new movies are coming out in japan but...
I wouldn't know I have dish here it used to be 71 in my hometown a year ago haha.
DN English anime was a craptastic dub in my opinion but thats cause i thought L's voice needed to be way differents

ugh it is @.@ stupid typos
Inuyasha is still on at like 5am est although I stopped watching it after session 4 because the storyline got a little repetitive for me. Lupin was good, while no direct story line, it was worth the laughs, although it got pulled from the line up before its time, although by the re-runs, they didn't have enough english episodes to continue to air it. Thats just what I think though.

Viz released more then 19 volumes D= thats why I'm up to number 26 or so, although 1-19 my cousin bought before he was forced to move out. The english dub was good, although I always hated the cliff hanger endings. I just wish they continued to air it, its been cut now -_-
Adult swim still runs anime for for four or so hours every saturday night which feature some of the older animes like Big Oh, at least last time I checked. FMA, Death Note, Bleach, and Code Geass all made the line up.
One good but old anime, although some may not agree, is Outlaw star =D! seriesly, who remembers that one? XD
Yeah Im excited funimation is still putting out new episodes of Cased Closed to dvd. :D gonna buy all 4 seasons and in may season 5.

I remember Outlaw star first anime other then DragonBall
CN burns me up, then again there aren't any good cartoons out there anymore, not like the old days Icon_sad scooby doo, flintstones, jetsons, spider man, tmnt, power rangers.

yes not all of those are cartoons, nor are the all on CN but still. those were the good ol' days.
Haha yeah they where not the newer Tmnt cartoons are ok. But nothing like the classic, Icon_smile power rangers got really lame after the galaxy sagas or something like that.
ON DETECTIVE CONAN: Seriously probably one of the best few of chp was when Conan took the antidote and started in the play as kudou. I mean that will probably happen every 100chp like it alreday has. Heh but im still on chp 311 but im getting close
Reference URL's