heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Need Help finding a Build/guide for merch/alche
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
name gives it away.

'played a highrate for too long and don't know how to make one on lowrate.
if you know a good build to go for a merch going to alchemist, tell me.
halp
Few options. Some fighter alchies I know get mystcase hat (custom on this server) which adds 30% more dmg to mammonite, get a fire dagger, sword, or axe and mammonite one shot with some sort of decent str on at Mavka in Moscovia Dungeon 1. This is usually done at 30-40+ till like level 60-70. This option is kind of expensive but fast.

Some choose to get a fireblend and just firebolt away at monsters (soils, geos, mavka again). Since you are new, your best bet is to try borrowing one, or saving every penny you got till you get a 1.5-2mil it costs these days for one. I've even heard of a few people who buy this and go agi+int build to abuse the autocast of the bolts, though this option seems less common.

Some try to do the bolting thing with an ice falchion too since it is cheaper, and is useful in a few places early on.
merchants aren't all that easy to level, though mammonite is probably one of the quickest ways to level a merchant. the hardest part like what aaron said was the fact it does use up quite a bit of money, though that can easily be recovered as long as you're one-shotting enemies and the loot they drop brings in more than you're spending.

getting a fire weapon is very, very good to have, and having the myst case hat to increase damage output is also very good for allowing for 1-shotting. get the platinum skill that reduces mammo by 10% zeny (forget which one that is called) so it's only 900z instead of 1000z. if you do get an ice falchion, i'd say go to high orcs with it around level 70ish or so, after you've had your fun with mavkas and finish leveling on high orcs until you're ready to trans.
For the early levels, just get a sword or an axe, str, some agi and if you like, some vit and hit wolves, 2 fields south of payon. They should be good xp until about lvl 45-50. Also their card is used in the custom hatter quest, so it will be worth around 350k these days.
He can't get fake zeny skill as he's going alchemist and not blacksmith Icon_sad
I've seen people mammo one shotting hillwinds to make back zeny from mammo and actually getting some extra cash on top of it! Mystcase hat is super nice for how easy it is to get :3
Allright thanks, though getting half those items for higher levels is pretty impossible for a first char.

yes alch is my first char, i like challenges.

if any of you decides to be awesome and donate to my merch in-game, find me on Akaryu
Usually it is difficult, but joining a guild can help a lot since members don't mind potentially helping you level one way or another (whether by gears or buffs or leeching it depends on the guild).

Plus it helps a lot with easing boredom of grinding XD
I would suggest starting out with 9 str, agi and dex to begin, get increase str to about 20-25, agi to 15-20 and dex increase in increments of 10.

at low levels, fight rockers/poporings 1 south, 1 west of prontera. once you get to about 25ish, head over to poring island (2 south, 1 east of Prontera and fight there til 30s or so. keep your stats at increments in the ways I told you, raising str and agi by 5 and dex by 10(dex bonuses kick in at 10 point increments)

if you need more suggestions, feel free to forum pm me(I havnt started in game on this server yet)
@aaron, yea i thought it was a merch skill, not a blacksmith skill Icon_sad oh well, still, mystcase hat is pretty decent nonetheless.
Well, I made an alchie as my first character too (currently 93), so good luck.

Because I was just beginning and was super poor, I made a battle alche - agi type.

Int alchies need a fireblend which is 2m atm, which unless you get help, you probably can't afford. Similarly, mammo-ing isn't really viable, this being your first character. I wanted to make my own way and not ask for help, so I just made the cheapest build possible that basically doesn't use any money, which is an agi build imo.

If you decide to go agi, get a panty/undershirt combo. It's very cheap (i got both for a total of 45k) and gives a nice agi/flee bonus.

This is roughly where I've trained so far:

Culverts
Smokies
Metaling
Mavka
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's