heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Couple RO questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always second guess myself about where to put general RO questions, but this seems like as good a place as any.

So, most importantly: how do I get rid of movement lag, or whatever you want to call it? Sometimes I pneuma where I'm standing, only to realize after a few seconds of getting hit that I'm actually a good number of paces away (on average, about 5 or 6). By then it's too late. =( I've already done that disable tcpackfrequency thing and rebooted. It happens a little less frequently, I guess.

Second, and much less importantly: would going Monk at aco job level 46 be fine? I'm only skipping out on anything higher than lvl 1 inc. agi. My agi's staying at 11 anyways. I have max Blessing, 6 Heal (thought I'd see how that would go, been pretty cool to have so far), and Pneuma (obviously xD).
Yeah, the movement lag has killed me numerous times. But I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

I'm not sure about the Monk part, but I'd suggest going all the way to 50 because you need all the points you can get. I trained to 50 in Amatsu Dungeon, if it helps any.
Yeah as he said, go 50 if your going 45+ you may as well go all the way :D And for wiz/sage/monk/priest it's just about a must for any build. And you can level in places like amatsu dungeon/toy factory without it becoming a grind pretty easily. I haven't taken a class to job 50 yet (thinking about a combo monk/battle priest) though, getting to 70 isn't too hard at all (which i have numerous of :x). You're going to thank us when your higher leveled and have the extra skills hehe.

As for the position lag, that can be in a variety of situations, however with pneuma I can tell you that it protects the cell its on and the 4 cells (up,down,left,right) around it, and when you get hit on the way to it you may think you are where it's at and not be, so just keep clicking there and trying to get to it while healing/potting. Yes potting. You may be an acolyte but they can save your life in situations where heal cannot :D

Good luck with monk, and welcome back as well? I see it says your back from a hiatus. ^.^
There's really no reason to not get j50 for acolyte and mage at all as mentioned. You'll always be hard pressed for skill points for Monk. You need all the pts you can get.
Position lag can be fixed, since it is due to packets.

There are a few nice sites out there telling you how to fix it, with before and after vids, too.
Yeah but the fix is a config on server side.
I just keep clicking near where I wanna go and the char suddenly jumps there. That's how I deal with it.
Though be aware Firelocks have 'delay damage' that has been there for quite a while. They will hit you for damage with their special move and it takes like 3 seconds at least to register that onto your health bar. When I was a low lvl Aco I found that rather irritating. So keep Penuma up as much as you can! Though Penuma lately has been acting up too. Best of luck!
KohakuSan Wrote:Yeah but the fix is a config on server side.
I just keep clicking near where I wanna go and the char suddenly jumps there. That's how I deal with it.

What he said.

Also, I said this on main, and I'll say it here.

You can get away with low level job as Aco->Monk.

You cannot get away with it as Aco High->Champ.
Higher increase agi means at least, that it'll stay longer and thus reduces the chance it runs out in a bad moment, as well as saving sp when you have to recast it only once every 2 minutes instead of every minute...
I'd go job 50 with most first classes. Back on another server when going job 50 on aco (battle aco) I went to leaf cats. They're quite manageable, although amatsu will be better xp for healbombing.
If you don't think you need agi up any higher go for heal 10 at least... It would be a WASTE if you could go higher and don't.
Only classes that don't need job 50 are thief cls, archer cls and agi knight (as the skilltree for them provides like... 30 skill points?).
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I noticed that Firelocks have delayed damage, and somehow their special attack gets through my pneuma. =( I've been killed by it a few times. Also, I appreciate the advice about the Amatsu and Toy Factory, but that's where I've been since... forever. Somewhere in job 3x. xD I did a quick calculation on how many Firelocks it'll take to get to 50, and it isn't too bad, so I guess I'll go all the way.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Definitely helped with my decision. See you guys in game. =)
Reference URL's