heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Glitched Jupitel Thunder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
theres a glitch with Wizard's Jupitel Thunder,

it is suppose to push the enemy back after u cast it. every time when i cast it the animation of the enemy is shown that it has been pushed back but after the lightning animation of JT is over the enemy teleports back in my face and hit me. it TELEPORTS!! it will disappear after the lightning animation and reappear in my face...i've put up a icewall between the enemy and i during the lightning animation but it will reappear in my face passing through the wall, (it was a minorous, icewall effects it) my friends have witnessed this so its not just me.
is there anyway to fix this??? or am i gonna have to change character...
It's position lag... it's a part of RO that happens with many skills with knockback. The enemy actually is pushed back but then spends some time walking forward but RO does not render this properly. It's just something you'll have to get used to (you'll find it happening to you with many classes, DS-spamming hunters, JT-spamming Wizzies, etc). In fact, it also happens with skills that should just "flinch" the enemy (like Lord of Vermillion) - it looks like they're being stopped completely, but when the animation ends (a few seconds after) they'll look like they just body relocated. No way around it.
There is a fix to that, but it's gotta be installed from the server side and has large drawbacks like a lot more of regular lag...
If you think about it it makes sense, because if the monsters are shown always moving a little bit, it'll be a bigger weight on the server than monsters "body-relocating" at certain times
Neuneck Wrote:There is a fix to that, but it's gotta be installed from the server side and has large drawbacks like a lot more of regular lag...

bento's fix?
if thats the one you mean it also creates a drain on your net....
Reference URL's