heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Best Fighting Game of All Time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let me start off by saying I am not the biggest fan of fighting games, however, I do love bashing people's faces in occasionally Icon_biggrin.

In YOUR OPINION, what is the best fighting game out there?

I guess I should start by listing my favorite fighting game.

Its called "Flying Dragon" and was released on the N64.
[Image: Flying_Dragon_for_N64,_Front_Cover.jpg]
This game is literally two games in one...and then some. It had the "serious" fighting mode with regular "adult" characters. But it also had an SD (super deformed) mode, with cute child-like characters. What made this game stand out to me though, is that the SD mode had RPG elements to it. You gained levels as you fought your way through tournaments, each fight you win you gained money, and you could go on and spend that money to equip your character with better gear.

This game probably isn't the first game that "hardcore" gamers would pick up, but for someone who likes to play casually at times, likes some type of story-line, and also likes a fighting game with depth, I'd recommend this if you had an N64, or even if you didn't have one Icon_wink.

So, what game would you guys label as the "best fighting game of all time"?
Fighting..... if you mean Beat-em-ups the TMNT - Turtles in Time SNES YEAH!

but if you mean 2d- head to head fighting then XMEN VS STREETFIGHTER! YEAH!

but if you mean 3d arena fighting style then.....meh I don't like any of em in particular (button mashers without a lot of flashy rewarding 60 hit combos for spraining your thumbs moments)
Motenai_Ronin Wrote:Fighting..... if you mean Beat-em-ups the TMNT - Turtles in Time SNES YEAH!

but if you mean 2d- head to head fighting then XMEN VS STREETFIGHTER! YEAH!

but if you mean 3d arena fighting style then.....meh I don't like any of em in particular (button mashers without a lot of flashy rewarding 60 hit combos for spraining your thumbs moments)
Haha, well, I was thinking more along the 2d/3d fighting games.

Never knew there was a Xmen vs Streetfighter gameIcon_suprised.

I have only recently started getting into 2d fighting games. I have yet to play SFIV, but I should at least try it eventually. I am more interested in trying out King Of Fighters XII and BlazBlue though Icon_biggrin.

When it comes to 3D Fighting games, I do love the Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur games. I tried to get into Virtua Fighter, but the game wasn't really that fun (will probably get flamed by hardcore gamers for saying that Laugh ).
Ew let's leave Virtua Fighter to the hardcore gamers, only they can look past the games outstandingly ugly polygonal graphics.

I'd enjoy Soul Calibur more if it wasn't button-mash fest that didn't take me so much effort and time to learn combos, cause the eye candy is bodacious.

On that note, Rumble Roses XX is an easy to pick up wrestling game with bodacious!! UPGRADE THAT TO PLUS! character models. Rumble Roses > Dead or Alive. Rewarding and easy on the thumbs.

Oh and X-men VS Streetfighter was an arcade release, but you can find it nowadays on MAME or the bargain bin / ebay on playstation.
Lol, yeah, Soul Calibur is basically button-mashing if you don't know what the hell your doing, which is basically me most of the time Icon_biggrin.

I remember reading up on Rumble Roses XX a while ago but never really looked into it, I'll definitely check it out sometime though, it looks "interesting" Icon_wink.
i actually quite enjoyed (10+ years ago) virtua fighter. Sure the graphics are ugly as hell now, but you gotta give them credit for spearheading it way back when...

personally i don't play too much fighting games, i prefer games with a bit more strategy than pure button-bashing... But i did play MK (MK2 was best imho), dragonball z, tekken (tekken 3 was best imho), KoF, and pocket fighters...

marvel vs. capcom (x-men vs streetfighter) was very enjoyable in the arcades when i can button bash just about anything... flying high combos with ridiculous hits... Ok

didn't like soul calibur, much more monotonous than tekken imho...

-w-
Yeah, MK was amazing back in the day. Now however, it is a complete joke, the franchise either needs to go back to 2D or be laid to rest and save whatever it can of the little reputation it has left.

I never really got into Tekken. Although, thats probably because I didn't really give it a fair chance since the only times I did play it was in the arcades and got beat down EVERY TIME by some 10 year old kid Mad.
Tekken was real neat on the playstation and its descendants. I still remember Yoshimitsu's squat-drag health restoration and the dragon morphing pwnage character. I think the Tekken homage in Soul Calibur (II?) with the bonus character Hiachi was bizarre and appealing.

But nothing beats Soul Calibur in its complexity of chaining and combos that twist thumbs and d-pads ><

I miss my quarter-circle forward punch combos i really do >.>
Ahh the good ole days of 2d fighters like shoryuken and the cheap scorpion C'MERE!
Tekken 1-lol? +1

Tekken for me was one of my favorite fighting games but not the best.
@Jugg that technique was pretty good. But I'm really cheap with most of my tactics with him.

There was another one for the PS1 that I forgot about the title.

Street Fighter 1-4

Street fighter 4 brought that intense feeling back, but one of the most competitive games from that street fighter series was Street Fighter Vs Snk, but that was for competitive reasons.

Soul Calibur

I don't really compare it to the ones above, but i was pretty good with YunSung.

MY Best Game of all times would probally be a tie between Tekken 3 and Street Fighter 3rd Strike.
Street Fighter 2 or Capcom vs. SNK2

Street Fighter 4 may be a good game but SF2 influenced so much of the genre I'd almost haveta give it the hats off. Then again 3's tournament scene was nothing to sneeze at, it is most awesome to watch matches of that stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's