heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: heRO problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was in the middle of getting attacked by Pyronic when heRO suddenly froze. I tried exiting out, but that just slowed down everything else. Then I tried opening task manager hoping that would work, but that just completely froze everything for a long time, so I just turned off my computer.

Heres my problem: I open the heRO patcher and I click start. After clicking start the client appears for a split second then disappears. So I uninstalled heRO, restarted computer, then installed it again with the same outcome.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cry
Check your "Setup" program, if the first dropout boxes are blank, you need to update your Video Card Drivers.
Kretzer Wrote:Check your "Setup" program, if the first dropout boxes are blank, you need to update your Video Card Drivers.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem.
You do mean this, correct?
[Image: setupk.jpg]
Can you select your Graphics Card under the first box? Oftentimes it might be you are using the wrong setting.
Yes I have tried both settings with the same result.
Can you show us a picture of what your RO folder looks like?
Sure thing.
[Image: hero1y.jpg]
[Image: hero2k.jpg]
Vile, where is your hero installed?

/edit: there is a problem with running ro from the default program files folder, try installing it on your desktop or in your documents folder.
I'd like to point out that my home desk top will not run HeRo either. The above pics are what my folder looks like and when I moved a copy to my desktop it did what he said. I checked my system and there is nothing wrong with it. I used to play my friend's High Rate all the time until one update ruined my copy.

I've also tried the desktop and document thing. Neither work.
Thanks for suggestions all. I don't know what the problem was, but it just suddenly started working again O.o.
Reference URL's