heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: total noob, with questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i played the original ragnarok, way back when it was still completely free....that mustve been in, hmm, 2002-2003?

since then i recently was drawn toward it again, especially when i discovered the option to play free, once again (i would never pay for an online game, id rather buy clothes or food, lol)

i found ratemyserver.net, and took a while browsing, reading reviews, bookmarked a few interesting servers, and finally decided on this one, hurrah! Ok

i just created my account, my first characters name will be "Zwitter".

now for my questions:

on my account, can i have both male and female characters?

also, any suggestions for a fun class with hot clothes? Icon_wink

i was a thief when i first played, but completely forgot what its about.

any suggestions? thanks!
No. An account can only be set to male or female.
You can, however, make more than one account. Icon_biggrin

Most of the female classes have "hot clothes" XD

Welcome~
Female classes also seem to have the best hairstyles IMO x3
Hey there, welcome to HeRO.

Hmm...fun class... I guess that just depends on what you like (Support,magic,speed,pets etc)
poppop--

what are the advantages of being a thief, besides how cool it sounds? i dont like a complicated character, and speed is important to me. pets would be fun, ive never gotten far enough to have one before X3
Thieves are pretty easy to level due to the improve dodge passive skill and double attack. Rogue and Assassin are very easy to level also because of the same thing. Rogue has copy skills and gank which means you can take BB or whatever else to kill with and gank lets you autosteal as you attack, an easy way to get extra cash while leveling. Assassins have grimtooth with katars which allow easy access to mobbing and quickly leveling.
To add on from what Aaronock said.

Thieves are alot of fun, but this is different from person to person. Their one of the easiest first classes to level. Double attack is also very smexy.

As Aaronock said, thieves change into a Rogue or an Assassin. I'd say an assassin is more newbie friendly than a rogue is.

Also, what I meant about pets was the job alchemist. They have a homunculus which is a pet that fights for them. This is definitely not a newbie friendly class to play. However, other classes can still have "pets" that loot for them, attack abit etc. but they're generally more 'for fun' type of pets, whereas the alchemists' homunculus is a integral training tool for them.
hi there, welcome to heRO!

hopefully they've answered your questions, and furthermore:
for updates as to what the game looks like, try irowiki and ratemyserver
for server-specific customs, the HeRO forums and wiki are your friends

hope you enjoy your re-inception to the game.

GL and HF!

-w-
Hi zwitter and welcome to the server. As stated you can have only a female account or a male account.

As for the hotness, I would think all female are hot ^_^

Have fun!
thanks everyone, im sticking with my thief character for now. XD

poppop-- how is assassin more newbie friendly as a rogue?
Reference URL's