heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Potential problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard that wings double the effect of the card slotted into them.

I'm not sure if this is a composed effect or a cumulative effect, I'm assuming the latter. If it says 1% chance to get x item. Even if you can get 2 items in one kill, it still boils down to 2% chance overall (ie, I kill 100 mobs, I'd statistically get 2).

The potential problem lies with this card:

Lord Knight Card [Headgear] Item ID# 4357 (B_Seyren_Card)
Description Enables use of Level 1 Berserk.
Maximum HP - 50%
Item Script { skill "LK_BERSERK",1; bonus bMaxHPrate,-50; },{},{}

If the effect is doubled, the user will have -100% HP. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works. If I do (and its very possible), please enlighten me.
Yeah. You have -100 % HP. So what? If you ask what that means, you stay at 1 HP. Not going into negative or 0/0 HP. Tried that already on a testserver :D
And you wouldn't get Berserk lvl 2 but two time Berserk lvl 1 (which is crap too).
Not true. It applies the effect twice, rather than doubling it
It would apply the -50% first, and then apply it again. So the second -50% would be -50% of you current 50% health.
So in reality, you'd have 25% of your original HP.

Like cutting a cake in half, taking that half, and cutting it in half. Quarter. Yay.=D
Wings double effect to begin with is too much, it should be taken out!
Yeah, but the -50 % HP are calculated on BASE HP and not on reduced. My Peco Card gives me 2* 10 % base HP and not 21 % more HP. Why should it be different here, Ina?
Wings double card effects?!?! OMG! where are the wings equipped (i mean, armor, garment, etc?) and.... by wings you mean the "bolter" wings? (the ones that allows you to use firebolt,icebolt, etc)
Moonito Wrote:Wings double card effects?!?! OMG! where are the wings equipped (i mean, armor, garment, etc?) and.... by wings you mean the "bolter" wings? (the ones that allows you to use firebolt,icebolt, etc)

Zodiac wings and Trial of Heroes wings have slots. Those are not the elemental/bolter wings (those have no slot).

You can put armor or headgear card in it (all wings take lower headgear + armor slots).

Having 1 max HP would mean Lord Knight card would be useless. (Yay, I have 3 max HP in Berserk, lol, you couldn't even stay berserk cause of 100 HP min - it would cancel itself right away).

I tried to find another problematic card, but so far there is none. Some are overkill, like Garm, 100% chance to Freeze anyone? But none are broken, meaning self-defeating completely, like Lord Knight.
Garm is only 75% chance to freeze.
Like I said, it applies the card twice, rather than doubling.

So in Garm's case, you have a 50% chance to freeze, and 50% chance to fail. If you succeed, it freezes. If it fails, then the card is applied again. Giving you another 50% chance to freeze or fail.
So all in all, it's only 75% chance.
The 50% inital, and then the 50% of the failed 50%.
Would Orc Lord card also work this way, reflect 30% and then 30% of what's left? So it would reflect 51% damage (30 + 21) as opposed to 60%?
yea the card effect doesn't stack that way. think of it as putting multiple hydras or skel workers in your weapon. the % is not added, it's multiplied through. same goes for the wings taking up both lower headgear and armor slots.

if you put in an hp + 10% card in your wings, it'd register the first 10% increase and add it to your hp, but your base hp would not be affected and it'd add a second 10% increase based off the original hp before the wings were equipped.

example, if you had 2000 hp before equipping that, your total hp after equipping would be 2000 + 200 (first 10% increase) + 200 (second 10% increase) = 2400 hp instead of 2000 + 200 (first increase) + 220 (second increase) = 2420 hp
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's