Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Event GMs
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

Event GMs

This is a suggestion for the sake of GMs and the growing population. We ALL hate to wait for events to take place and sometimes the huge number of participants makes it really difficult for GMs to get themselves organized (let's face it, players don't always behave). I suggest that GMs limit the amount of participants per event. So instead of having 1 BIG event that can waste between 2-3 hours, maybe the GM can limit to 25 players or so. So events last about 30 mins each. That way the GM can host more than once in the same day.
This worked wonderfully in my other server. I personally LOVED hosting events and it's less frustrating for GMs to have a limited number of ppl.

Also, when GMs get strict, players like it. It helps get rid of people who are annoying and don't listen/ So don't be worried to boot someone or some people out of the event if they misbehave Icon_smile

Apart from that, I look forward to more events and keep up the great work. You guys don't get enough credit for yer hard work. Thanks Icon_smile

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
09-07-2010 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tails Offline

RE: Event GMs

I second the notion Icon_biggrin
09-07-2010 12:52 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Like when GM does recall, and 25% of the people just walking right after that... -.-
09-07-2010 01:03 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

I third the motion.

on a similar note youre gonna get warned for your sig.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
09-07-2010 03:21 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

This is a Circe's personal opinion post. (ie, it doesn't necessarily reflect that of the team as a whole)

How do we decide who the first 25 or so are?
When we announce events, people pour in, usually many at once, all on the same cell.

I can see it resulting in a lot of people having a go at GMs for being left out, and after a GM has been complained at for a good half hour or so (sadly, we always get a bunch of event guild or PMs to us about the event as it is, including, incredibly, choice of event), they usually don't feel in a mood to go host another event. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

09-08-2010 12:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

That^

Apparently people have nothing better to do than walk through a zombie maze or kill porings for a bar of gold or a few OBBs

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
09-08-2010 07:29 AM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

the best way is really to say "first 20 (or so) people to PM me will participate on this run" And with time, people will learn to accept this fact. It really can get out of hand with the amount of people the server is getting. U can always do events that have a maximum number of people. You can also say "first 2 parties with 7 people to PM me will participate" Of course that depends on the event you decide to host. If any of the event GMs need event ideas, I have plenty from my old days Icon_smile

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
09-08-2010 08:59 AM