Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Editting Skill names?
Radolf Offline

Editting Skill names?

Is it possible to edit skill names client-side so that they display something different on my screen?

For example, I hate the name Sacrifice, and prefer it's iRO name of Martyr's Reckoning, so is there any way to change that without affecting gameplay, and/or it reverting back to standard after each patch?

Amazing Avatar by Bran Flakes

IGNS:
Jyouya Kanou- 99 WoE Linker
Kidomaru Yuji- 99/70 Ninja
01-19-2011 06:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Editting Skill names?

There is a file that holds the names of the skills. I don't remember which at the moment, but I will check tonight after school.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-19-2011 07:54 AM
Radolf Offline

Well I did check google and there was a forum for one of the official RO's where someone gave a step by step instruction on how to do it. Indeed it worked, but I only ran through the .exe file, however whenever the patcher was started, it repacked the files and undid the change I made to test it.

So since that didn't work, I was wondering if anyone could give me information as to fix it from correcting itself so that the changes stay, because it's not worth changing them all after each successive patch, or running through the .exe file all the time.

IGNS:
01-19-2011 06:43 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Well if you found the file, you could just put it in the data folder with the correct path (the same used in the GRF) and it shouldn't be overwritten.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
01-19-2011 06:51 PM
Radolf Offline

I did that, and I just so happened to keep using the .exe file since I used a backup for the testing purposes. When I realized I wasn't using the patcher which came about because I tried to take screenshots to send to a friend over MSN, and they didn't show up in the screenshot folder, I was sure to use the patcher.

It didn't download any patches, but it did the repacking grf files that it does at the end of patching, and when I actually got in game, the change I made had been reverted back to the actual skill name.

EDIT: After getting some help from a friend, the problem was resolved.

IGNS:
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2011 08:34 PM by Radolf.)
01-19-2011 07:17 PM