Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fishing Rod
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Fishing Rod

that idea isn't half bad actually, though it would be a bit difficult to set up by weight as treasure boxes have a weight of 1 (unless it has been changed), though in the script itself there could be a flag noting that it'll damage the rod, but there are a bit of factors to consider when doing this, though the most simplistic is to give the rod a weight limit that it can hold before breaking, and then give a % chance to break depending on how much heavier the item is compared to that weight limit, with the possibility of one or two items breaking the rod no matter what.

also a possibility is that you brought the fisherman the items already, so although he made you one rod, who's to say he didn't have left over material to construct new rods? for a price of course.
08-19-2008 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Whichever way we go with the rate to 'break' will be small. We don't want people to have to run back to the fisherman every hour, don't worry.

Maybe if you break it too often he crafts you a stronger rod, with slightly better chance at fishing, sort of a process you have to go thru to get better.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-19-2008 04:50 PM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

I don't know if the mining system is still the same as before (Carrying picks around)
But same kind of concept could be used I suppose...

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
08-19-2008 05:54 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yeah cuz every time i go fishing i bring 10 rods -_-
08-19-2008 06:05 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I wasn't thinking weight of the item in game but rather how heavy it should be realistically.??It's just a general anvils should be heavy and boxes of treasure should be heavy so those should damage the rod.??Basically the GMs would have to make 4 more rod items named something like Bent Fishing Rod, Fractured Fishing Rod, Cracked Fishing Rod, and Snapped Fishing Rod.??Each time you pulled up an anvil the script would check which rod you were using and downgrade it to the rod of a lower quality. Perhaps it would call up a % chance to break each time an anvil is brought up.??Depending on which rod you're using the fishing rates would change.??Slowly lowering anvils and treasure boxes respectively.??Maybe as the rods got lower in quality they would cater towards different kinds of fish.??It would be similar to how the fishing hat changes item rates. It would need a small line of code to make sure people aren't bringing multiple rods though.

The fisherman could repair the rod at any point at a cost depending on how damaged it is. If he were to make you a stronger rod or something it could have a lesser % chance to break AND increase fish rates. Definitely would have to be called Heroic Fishing Rod.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2008 06:38 PM by Kadar.)
08-19-2008 06:25 PM
Blu3Tig3r Offline
Legend At Work

GM-Pandora Wrote:We might make it break actually, somehow you try to catch a fish too big and *crack* oh noes, your fishing rod is now broken T_T

You'll have to head over to the Fisherman so he can make a new one (or maybe repair it, I like that idea).

I am so going to fish more before this happens. x_x
08-19-2008 07:38 PM
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

Me too! Time to fish the heck outta the poor rod!

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
08-20-2008 08:45 AM