Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday!
CookieMonster Offline

RE: PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday!

First of all, going to thank Rahice for spending time organizing this event for us instead of doing some other stuff in real life. Taking the effort and all to make this happen, but i felt that the rules were far from decent or balance as a whole.

-I felt that the arena size was fairly perfect, could be a little smaller but not too much smaller. Most people were voting for a smaller arena so the matches could be shorter but i think that if the arena was going to be smaller than what a range class can view while standing in the middle of the arena, wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a range class or put it at a disadvantage?

-If the same type of tournament was held in the future, i would suggest that storage be made accessible after each opponent(not each round). This way, you will still need to manage your resources against an opponent and not just spam it all over. This is sort of a grey area i guess since people might take the chance to bring less gears(to carry more potions) until they really need it for that particular job class. My opinion on original rules used for this tournament is NOT acceptable as it favors certain job classes.

-As most people said, a healer/repair npc would have been nice as it saves time and effort for the GMs, but on this occasion, the problem was beyond the GMs control. *Note: Healing my 60 sp saves me 1 blue potion Rahice!!!*

-While the 2 deaths and you're out rule gives some leeway for some mistakes and provides a nice second chance, it does mean that the tournament will last longer. If we wanted to shorten the time of the tournament, the easiest way would be to make it a 1 death and you're out rule.

-Last but not least, the 30 second rule that you must show aggression. This rule is.... stupid, sorry don't know how to describe it really(limited to how it was executed in this tournament). As long as you don't deal damage to your opponent in 30 seconds you auto-lose, regardless of the fact that if you were being disabled for the whole 30 seconds. This was really uncalled for. I feel that, getting a stapo card just so you can do damage is not exactly making an effort but more off trying to not get kicked in the ass from this rule. In my opinion, its not too hard to tell if a player is just solely running away to stall time or really making an effort to win(as shown by Seyken in the final round of non-trans). This would require i guess a "professional judgement" type of decision to be made, maybe if the GM feels that a player is just wasting time by not doing anything constructive towards a victory, give a notice to the player after 20 seconds(just an example of a time frame) to start doing something or he'll forfeit the round/match.

Thats my 2 cent regarding this pvp tourney. Once again, thanks for organizing it and hopefully more to come in the future.

PS: STATUS TOO STRONG BRO, U MAD?
10-16-2012 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday! - CookieMonster - 10-16-2012 10:58 AM