Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Experience
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Experience

It is part of the new svn to unlock geffenia, and it is impossible to "fail" at the quest... it is simply talking to the right npc icons. What it matters is the amount of time to find it all, simply~ There are a few quests that generate "free experience" by completing the quest, but The Sign is the most notable one of all for it is one of the longest, and it is actually important and very worth the whole afternoon required to do the quest.

Namin? believes that a few others such as Fall of the S. Republic, History of Juperos, Einbroch Murder Mystery, Eye of Hellion (not sure if this one is... possible on heRO though, since it uses the Gef4 map's original monster but that is modified as a heRO map) and a few others also generate a varying amount of experiences...

none of them that entertaining at all, however, it is just walking back and forth finding npcs nonstop Icon_biggrin; guess that it is still a change from grinding...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
08-10-2007 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

The server that I used to GM on was set up so that priests gained experience by ressurecting other players. Which is fair to a point, as much as there is the 'it will be unbalanced' argument, if you stick an Lord Knight in one room and a (full support) High Priest in another room with something big and nasty (and not undead) the LK is most likely going to kill it while the HP runs around and cries. So that's not very balanced, the solo LK has a better chance to mulch it up than the solo HP.

that's just how I think about it, though...

(plus that system of experience seems to work well in another MMORPG I play, wherein if you're a dancer-type person, you gain experience by dancing. Pretty cool beans.)

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
08-10-2007 09:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

yeah im a fan of questing for experience and other things. i used to try to do the quests like einbroch murder mystery but a major portion of the npc's to do the quests simply arent there.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
08-10-2007 09:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm a fan of earning exp for what you do, such as in the old SWG when you crafted an item you earned crafting exp necessary to get more crafting skills, and med exp from healing people used to get more medical exp and such.

However, as much as I like this kinda system, I cant re-design RO.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-10-2007 09:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

If I can get a hold of the admin that ran it, I could ask him how exactly he made it work. If you want.

(also, SWG ftw)

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
08-10-2007 06:08 PM