Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MORE Palettes! What do YOU want to see?
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE: MORE Palettes! What do YOU want to see?

mmmm, i dont see dark skin guild to be racist at all. and in hero its just pixels. anyone who goes as far as to be racially prejudiced towards dots on a screen is just idiotic at best.

racism is really group classification taken too far. its just ultra silly to go as far as taking it to internet.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
06-06-2009 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hypocrisy Offline

RE:??MORE Palettes! What do YOU want to see?

Cheesecake Wrote:You don't know who is white, who is black, yellow, etc, it doesn't matter.. and I think that is one reason why some people flock to RO as different races. They don't need to deal with the criticism of normal life.

I thought it was 'cause it's fun and free, and not so much for such "deep" reasons.

Quote:As is, I have proved many times it does not matter the medium, humanity will veer to the side of racism and segregation. I don't trust HeRO to take it lightly.. and there are much better things we could work on then seperating HeRO into race groups.. like an SVN update.

Proved how?

Guilds are usually formed by having something in common. For example, Mexican guilds are formed more from the fact that people can freely use spanish and mexican slang in their guildchat, moreso than because they're actually thinking that they only want Mexican members. As long as you speak their language and don't make stupid comments, you're ok with them, which is the same we have to say for guilds by country, sex or cultural group. Plenty of anime and music-based guilds out there, you don't see anyone complaining about that. If someone wants to make a German-only, Black-only or BR-only guild, they can do it, and probably have already done so. they do it because they have more stuff they can relate with, not necessarily because they hate people outside of their group. It's common sense and I see no problem with it.

Nobody would be separating HeRO into anything it's not already separated on. Seeing as people have different opinions preferences and nationalities, RO is pretty much a free place where anything goes, provided it doesn't break rules. Again, I see nothing wrong in that. RO ignores races, but not it's concept. Users will always belong to different races and nationalities, and of course bonds will be made or shattered by those influences. It's undeniable fact.

As for update priorities, nobody said it was important. We're saying it'd be cool. The only concern I've heard about this from the GMs, was that the files will add the weight of the game, client, etc. Nothing has been mentioned to me about bugs. I'm guessing that if the work is done and the users don't mind the game's file size increasing, it would be plausible to expect the colors being implemented. As I said before, in the end it's the GM's decision. We can let our voices be heard, but they're the ones in charge. I should have mentioned it before, but I'm not here to extend this discussion any further. I'm just typing all this because it looks better than saying "I don't agree with you, Cheesecake." without stating why.

Characters:

Hypocrisy - Sage 7x/4x
06-06-2009 08:19 PM
Kelta Offline
The Gothic Lolita

The only reason theres no skin tone changes in official ragnarok is because there are no palettes in ragnarok. most mmos have the option to change skin tone, so your argument doesn't really make sence.

also, just to add in, palettes can be made by anyone, they do not require a gm to do anything special, unlike an SVN update. these palettes are donation only, and not created by the GMS

Character: Kelta 8x fs high priest
message me if you wanna party

there is no quitting ragnarok. some day you will be back. back until the day that the game simply no longer exists. and then you will create your own version of ragnarok. because it lives in your blood.
06-06-2009 09:22 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

RE: ??MORE Palettes! What do YOU want to see?

Hypocrisy Wrote:
Cheesecake Wrote:You don't know who is white, who is black, yellow, etc, it doesn't matter.. and I think that is one reason why some people flock to RO as different races. They don't need to deal with the criticism of normal life.

I thought it was 'cause it's fun and free, and not so much for such "deep" reasons.

Think again.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

06-07-2009 03:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hypocrisy Offline

RE:????MORE Palettes! What do YOU want to see?

Cheesecake Wrote:Think again.

Kinda sad if that's all you could come up with.

Characters:

Hypocrisy - Sage 7x/4x
06-07-2009 09:27 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You know on main chat the other day I was appalled people thought this would "segregate" heRO." Basically this community is implying that it is racist, you guys amaze me that any of you believe this. I can't believe this conversation continued over to the forums. Of course I feel this should be in another topic entirely and not here, so I won't go too much further.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-07-2009 11:12 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I honestly find it amusing that they find it racist if black skin is put in.

Rather than ya'know... being racist for actively wanting to exclude a skin colour.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
06-07-2009 11:20 AM
Zeena Offline

I don't find it rascist if they put black skin on heRO.
I like the idea.

Oh and I agree with Hypocrisy along with his reasons.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2009 01:18 PM by Zeena.)
06-07-2009 01:18 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE:??MORE Palettes! What do YOU want to see?

Ellie Wrote:I honestly find it amusing that they find it racist if black skin is put in.

Rather than ya'know... being racist for actively wanting to exclude a skin colour.
agreed.
there are lots of weird people in this world. racist ppl usually will change their attitude quite fast or they'd get it changed for them the harsh way.

like the man at the electronic store last month who tried to superinflate the price for electronic parts i ordered. He made a racist comment at me and made derogatory comments regarding the person who gave me the quote. unfortunate for him, the one who gave me the quote was the owner of the shop and he was right behind the guy when he said it. he got told to go wait at the office and never saw him ever since.

ps. I want to add that i agree with hypocricy. I was in a brazilian guild a long time ago, i was the only one who cant speak portuguese. they were quite fine with that and we got along well. actually most of my first friends in this server are brazilian. I dont think hero have many real racists if any but we do have a few groups who appear as tho they are due to miscommunications and stuff because english isnt their primary language or a language they are fluent in.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2009 01:52 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
06-07-2009 01:44 PM
Kelta Offline
The Gothic Lolita

okay, less racism bs, and more palette suggestions ;o

my to-do list.

Accents (basically i replace one colour with anouther one.)
ro colours
black
red
silver

Suggestions:

darker purple
metalic silver
soft green + blue
greens
medium brown + light blue
white+light yellow
purple+gold+white
green+black
green+gray
white+pink
red+pink
orange+red
sunny yellow (don't know how i'm going to do this)

If you guys know of something you want exactly, like a custom palette, let me know and i'll create it <3

Character: Kelta 8x fs high priest
message me if you wanna party

there is no quitting ragnarok. some day you will be back. back until the day that the game simply no longer exists. and then you will create your own version of ragnarok. because it lives in your blood.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2009 03:43 PM by Kelta.)
06-08-2009 03:43 PM