Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Literal end of world...maybe
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

RE: Literal end of world...maybe

Either way, humans are not very intelligent even if we like to believe it. We use technology for our own destruction. Einstein's theory was supposed to be used for good. Look what we did with it...Bombed Hiroshima. With the kinda power they gonna manifest in that black hole, whatcha think we gonna do with it? War machines I believe. Either way, it's another way to kill one another if it is successful and we dont all die from the attempt to harness that power.

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
08-28-2008 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:??Literal end of world...maybe

Jasper Wrote:SOooo who wants to play some mission impossible and destroy this thing. *raises hand*

+1 for Tripp

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
08-28-2008 10:05 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Teot Wrote:Either way, humans are not very intelligent even if we like to believe it. We use technology for our own destruction. Einstein's theory was supposed to be used for good. Look what we did with it...Bombed Hiroshima. With the kinda power they gonna manifest in that black hole, whatcha think we gonna do with it? War machines I believe. Either way, it's another way to kill one another if it is successful and we dont all die from the attempt to harness that power.

nice post... /no1

just like how the mages initially researched magic to help us harness nature, not kill each other in pvp... /heh

-w-
08-28-2008 10:32 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

That's about as bad as the conspiracy theorists saying the world is going to end in 2012 >_>

I don't know about you but they seem to want to die REALLY badly.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
08-28-2008 10:38 PM
Chained Chaos Offline

So..
This means I can go pillage and stuff since we're all going poof in a few years, right? Right? :D

Anyway, I'm not too worried about it. I accept the possibility, but refuse to be affected. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. There really isn't much we can do about it in this sort of situation. They've been trying to get approval for, what, 14 years or so? They've obviously got it, and they're going to make the most of it before any sort of political or environmental parties find a reason and/or way to throw a wrench in their plans. Again.

tl;dr: Come what may. Apathy can be a beautiful thing in the right context.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
08-29-2008 01:22 AM
Rei Ayanami 18 Offline
Agility Addict! \( 'ヮ' )/

*laughs at the whole topic...*Laugh

[Image: 851e24f8e3a3edd9a05a90179ce4dcfd--anime-...-girls.jpg] Nyuu!
08-29-2008 01:42 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

hahah lin, but that's different... 2012 was based on the Mayan calendar thingie... i don't think they WANT to die that badly...

it was such a great piece of invention that could forecast dates for millenias to come, yet it somehow stops working in 2012 (don't really know what date though...)

*hopes everyone remembered to bring Ygg leafs that day*

-w-
08-29-2008 04:15 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??Literal end of world...maybe

Oh they do.

It's commonly believed that 2012 was predicted to be a GOOD worldwide change. (Spiritual-wise seems to be what most believe)

The conspiracy theorists came up with the doomsday crap >_>

These same people tried to end the world in 03 (I think) and last year as well with some magnetic pole-shifting thing. For their 2012 ludicrous, they invented a planet that's supposed to magically swing by and throw everything off. Riiiight

...Yes, I looked stuff up awhile ago when I saw people were making jokes about it on Main and wanted to see what it was about.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
08-29-2008 04:38 AM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

We are all affraid of the unknown, it's normal.

But keep something in mind, we can't even predict the meteo correctly. Neither me or you know about what the outcomes of this experiment will be, but on the 10th it's only the test period that is gonna start (yes, you know..so we don't blow ourself out?), so no need to worry that much about this date.

The real collisions between the particles will start ~end october, and really you guys shouldn't worry much about this. I'm excited a bit about this experiment, because there's gonna be a lot of new discoveries Icon_smile. We can't earn anything without risk, most of you guys wouldn't even be there today if ~400 years ago all the sea explorers would've said "Oh I'm too scared to go, I don't know what's on the other side!".

I won't even talk about 2012, I've read a bazillion theories all different from one to another, so really it's gonna be a surprise and a REAL party if everything happens at the same time Icon_smile.

Should focus on the upcoming election for Canada and USA, that is sure to happen Icon_razz

[Image: qUZ0jyiGPd49vvcdTLQVFLaR_500.jpg]

or...? :O!!

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
08-29-2008 06:57 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The CERN has done a lot of great things over the years, they invented the Internet, they won some Nobel prizes, etc. let's hope they don't screw up, but for the most part I trust them.

What's more scary is the thought that someone could sabotage the particle accelerator, I mean 27 kilometres.. that's a pretty large area to cover security on.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-29-2008 09:35 AM