Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

RE: Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

There was this time when my sister asked me to smoke pot(I was like 12 or so). I knew it was wrong, my parents told me never to do it and thusfar I've never done it. Knowing it was wrong but coming from my sister saying to just try it out that it would be fun I said ok and tried it.
I didn't become hooked on it nor liked it cause I didn't know how to actually smoke, then I just said this is dumb and never tried it after that. If it had been anyone else who woulda asked me I woulda turned it down and said no(friends of mine even tried to get me to do it).
AE are close like family, we're constantly on TS talking to each other and doing things together, I even considered my knight (who was legit till 89) as alexander's little brother.
I misguided my younger brothers and sisters though, I told them try it out, some got hooked some didn't. But can you really blame those that did get hooked? They knew it was wrong, but here's someone in the guild telling them it's ok to go for it, nothings going to happen.
If I hadn't figured this out and made it public just to AE members(I never let this out to anyone else) everyone would have legit characters right now. I wasn't* trying to be a bad guy, I knew what I did could cause a perm ban but I taught my fellow comrades how to do it either way. I coulda beat alexander to 99 really easily but something in me made me wait cause he really worked hard for it, up all day to get it(although I'm pissed about him not even talking to me like a man and just kicking me out of ts, I thought you were bigger than that). Anyways it's not their fault, it's mostly all mine. Iono if you all have siblings but trust me, if you're older brother says here try this out(unless it's like jump off a cliff) you're going to do it cause you look up to them since they are family.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2006 10:08 AM by Gambit.)
04-04-2006 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user
Trismegistus Offline
Dark Priest

As I said, justice should stay blind... just because I kill a man once, out of curiosity, and I regret it thereafter and swear never to do it again, doesn't mean I am not a criminal. Same thing for theft, same thing for drugs, same thing for cheating.

You knew the implication of your action when you smoke that joint, if you'd get caught, you knew you would be punished.

They got caught, they should be punished. Stop arguing about the pointlessness of the GM's effort to keep the server as clean as possible, they already have enough work without having to argue with you.

Face it, these players cheated, under you mischievous guidance perhaps, but they did it, they are now banned. Life will go on, they'll find another server, and I hope they won't try such things again.

As Above, so is Below...
(Tabula Smaragdina)
04-04-2006 10:10 AM
_Wind_ Offline
True Meaning of Fear: Me

RE:??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

Gambit Wrote:Please edit this when you see this, scott calm the f*** down. I know soul he's a lil kid in the 9th grade who just likes to have fun, it's mostly my fault he did all of this cause kids always want shortcuts to things cause they don't know any better, like with kura and maybe the others, I'm a grown man I'll admit to it(at first I didn't to get maybe everyone off of this) but now I really don't care. I wasn't going to post anymore but I'm tired of how certain gms act towards another person. Yeah he cheated, the guy is 15 who didn't cheat when you were that age, it's just how humans act it's part of life. Get off soul scott go do your real 9-5 if you even got 1, and act your damn age, I'm assuming your grown too. Stop pissing on it he's already banned.
Hell noone else should even be banned it should be only me, I told soul not to let this out and from there it leaked. Don't take this as me being mad that I can't play, it's me being mad at dumb ass gms talking shit they're not supposed to act like a gm scott, I bet the whole fucking time you were the most clueless. I'm done.

Anyway... soul did cheat and should get the punished like the rest, dispite protests, yes ok he may be young, but if GMs went easy on him then it would be unfair to everyone else who cheated like the rest of them.

The fault in the game was discovered and shared amongst a protion of AE which is why many have been held accountable, most of your posts have been based - something along the line of ' Why are you picking on AE.' they aren't ' picking ' on you, its the fact that alot of the people are AE.

3rd) The person who needs to calm down is clearly yourself.

4th) GMs, the crime here is leveling, i dont see why - in my view overpunishment is nessessary - and would have the need to give away their items which they HAVE worked for, at the very least the people who haven't been permently banned should be allowed to transfer their items to their new account if they decide to play and lv up normally; At the very least

Leader of the Former ~EX -Freelancer-

[Image: dssignature6zq.jpg]

If you Keep fighting, you'll be defeated eventually -
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2006 10:20 AM by _Wind_.)
04-04-2006 10:14 AM
jman212 Offline

I agree! Justice should stay blind..no matter who they were or how old or w/e. Cheating is cheating Ban em all..get it over with.. I know the honest hard working players wont mind, since we all lvled honestlyIcon_cool

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
04-04-2006 10:20 AM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

RE:?? Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

_Wind_ Wrote:4th) GMs, the crime here is leveling, i dont see why - in my view overpunishment is nessessary - and would have the need to give away their items which they HAVE worked for, at the very least the people who haven't been permently banned should be allowed to transfer their items to their new account if they decide to play and lv up normally; At the very least
The crime in my reply is disrespecting the whole GM team. Before thinking we would "give away" any valuable items, make sure you know we will do so. And as of now, we have agreed to not drop anything of value. We are still determining what the meaning of "value" is. And the people who are not perma-banned will not have their stuff back. Period.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-04-2006 10:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
_Wind_ Offline

RE:??Pandora's box unleashed (Or how we HATE cheaters)

The only thing that i pity is people - like Sora, day by day hes always working hard to get to lv 99 socializing alot with the community and HAS contributed alot to this server, and after reaching 99 he was congratulated as he should of been, to be banned after reaching such a goal; which wasn't probably his own fault but due to his friends is saddening ( <-- is this a word? >< )

I know one policy is that excuses such as ' it was my mate on my account ' are not tolerated but maybe his punis

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2006 10:27 AM by _Wind_.)
04-04-2006 10:26 AM
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

Wind I only had 1 post where I said why are you picking on AE and that was when I was acting like I didn't know so wtf you talking about? All my other posts have MOSTLY been to try to get the punishment on the rest to be more lenient. But I agree with they did work hard for their items and legit levels to add, at the least they should get their items back. But that's just my opinion. Damn really sorry for all this guys, with me it doesn't effect me cause I still have my official server to go back on, but for the others who don't got a job or parents are biatches and won't let them play on real servers or just loved hero that much I'm sorry. I wouldn't have done it again on nova but it's my own fault. I was hella bored as 99 transcended didn't really feel it anymore. Anyways I'll be home soon so laters.
04-04-2006 10:36 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

all I got to say is...
hush
Enough of this
Mistakes were made
Those who aren't perma banned come back if you like
Start fresh with a clean slate
Lessons were handed out and it'll be alright if you learned from it

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
04-04-2006 10:40 AM
Trismegistus Offline
Dark Priest

I agree that Sora's point is a difficult one... and yes it is saddening, but if I lend my car to a friend, and he doesn't have a licence, I'll be blamed.

If you give your password to a friend, and he uses it for ill... that's sad, but you'll be blamed.

Another reason not to encourage friends into cheating, the whole point of a mmrpg like heRo, is to level up, get items and rp a little. There's also the PvP and the WoE. If you cheat by getting XP or Items in a dubious fashion, why play? You want to PvP or WoE with kickass characters? Go to PvP servers, that outfit and level you at the beginning.

I know it sucks when you can't play much, and all your friends are higher level than you, but it's the way it is, you have to make the most of each game session... besides... you can level with newbies in need of help Icon_smile

Again, this is only my 2 cents, but I'm certain it reflects the opinion of many others.

As Above, so is Below...
(Tabula Smaragdina)
04-04-2006 10:41 AM
_Wind_ Offline

Well in any case, The decision is the GMs to make, and this Post has gonna pretty big although it looks good on our forums total posts @_@ err anyway this thread should probably be closed.

04-04-2006 10:56 AM
Thread Closed