Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New NPC for fun
Nasuko Offline

Smile New NPC for fun

A long time ago when I had my own server with my friends, I scripted NPCs. I recently came across my old files and found one that might be fun to implement. Everything in this NPC is from the base game. There is no custom effects or sprites. It's called the "Smoking Mushroom". Anyone who has seen Alice in Wonderland will know exactly what this is.

The Smoking Mushroom uses the sprite of a Red Mushroom and has a smoking effect rising from it. When clicked on, as if someone were to attack it, they'll run up when suddenly a chat window will pop up. A Singing Caterpillar will give you the option to eat the left side, right side or both sides of the mushroom. These options will either make your character's sprite grow, shrink or go back to normal. It's only a visual effect, but kind of fun.

Now, I wrote this NPC a long time ago, so I'm not sure if effect IDs or sprite IDs have changed or not, so it would have to be tested somewhere if it has.

I had it set up to be in Payon, but it could be placed anywhere at all. The effect would only last until the user logged out or ate both sides of the mushroom. Whichever came first.

If you're interested in using this NPC, I can send it to you. Or post its data in this thread or whatnot. I'm not sure how the suggestion for NPCs work if I already have it written. Anywho~ There's my suggestion.
03-05-2011 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mystic Offline
Legal Assassin

RE: New NPC for fun

Cool idea, but does the visual size have any affect on the actual "size" of the character from a mechanics standpoint? Like, would Daggers do more to a character who chose to shrink? o_o

[Image: BeheBanner.jpg]

MysticwarrioR ~ Scholar ~ Behemoth
Waldo Jebediah Oswald ~ Rogue ~ Eorum Nox
03-05-2011 07:42 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: New NPC for fun

nope, it doesn't, but pandora is still concerned about people running in as tiny people so they're harder to be hit/seen

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-05-2011 08:30 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??New NPC for fun

Incarn Wrote:nope, it doesn't, but pandora is still concerned about people running in as tiny people so they're harder to be hit/seen
*cough*WoE*cough*

I'm sure some people have trouble targetting Lobster already.
03-05-2011 08:59 PM
Nasuko Offline

RE:??New NPC for fun

@Mystic
No, it doesn't affect the mechanics at all. Laugh This only gives the illusion of being a different size. It'll only change the size of the sprite.

@Incarn
True, this has potential for making toons harder to see ingame, but the size would be no different than that of a baby class. So it shouldn't affect things badly. I'm sure a script could be added to default size upon WoE though. I, myself, don't know how to do it. It's been about 7 years since I actually did active scripting. But I don't think it'll be needed. As I said, the sprite's look will only be that of a baby class. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think it's only the image that shrinks, so if you shrank to half size and clicked the area above the shrunken-sprite's head, you'll still attack.
03-05-2011 09:54 PM