Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Petition regarding Private DB room wipe
Vergil Offline
Drooping-Vergil.

RE: Petition regarding Private DB room wipe

Im down with this, just a small Zenny cost close to the renting fee and we're gold.

[Image: vergilbeowulfbykarribuh.jpg]
12-15-2011 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Thought the proposed idea was for x amount of time to pass and then the mvp would be wiped. /hmm

Wonder how that would work out, anyhow. Sounds troublesome- but a "Reset whenever you want" is just as bad.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
12-15-2011 12:19 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??Petition regarding Private DB room wipe

Marilee Wrote:A petition adds pages, gets attention and shows the server which players agree with the petition.

Debates add pages and you are free to debate in poll threads.??People who are active in the forums usually read every new post/thread each time they hop on the forums anyway.

Plus, you can choose to show who voted for what item in polls; you just have to check the box which allows you to do so.??I'm not sure why this last point matters, though, unless you're trying to play on people's inability to think for themselves.??0.o

I'm for the idea of a DB room wipe via the party leader for free (or with fee in public DB rooms).??I just don't understand the idea of a petition.??heRO's not a democracy and we aren't fighting some kind of governmental misdoing.??So I'm confused.

What we are doing is voting on a bill (in a non-democratic society).??This is what polls are for.??Thinking

[EDIT]

Forgot to make my original point. Without a poll, what you have is a long line of pages debating the topic. Making it a petition forces the GM's to weed out who "signed" it and who is just arguing against the idea. GM's are going to read the posts anyway - it's their job.
Putting a running tally of who is for which side of the argument up top just streamlines the process of finding out what percentage is for and which is against. Ok

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 01:22 AM by Whispers.)
12-16-2011 01:18 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Not that heRO runs on user run polls, anyway. Icon_razz

Circe only opinion time.

I feel that if such a thing were to be implemented, then it would need some big restrictions, whether it be you can only wipe the room on party start (in order to clean out mobs left by a previous party), or with a heavy cost.

When you break BBs, you, amazingly, get MvPs. While some are intended to be easy mode, others aren't. If they were to be popped like pills with no chance of difficulty, we may as well just shove in an NPC that swaps BBs for a chance at MvP items. >.>

I'd personally be okay with a starting wipe (optional, in case you're just extending room time), and anything above that is just.. overkill.

TLDR; Piamettes are hilarious, and we should up the chance of getting one.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

12-16-2011 01:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lena Away
No one

Marilee Wrote:If few people kill Piamette from the bloody branches, why not remove them?

If anything, implement a clock that wipes a room of any living monster if the room is vacant for over 15 minutes or whatever amount of time so money isn't wasted or time.

Which one are we signing for? The removal of Piamette from BB's or a timer? Either or, I disagree to both. BB's are made to spawn MvP's, sometimes you get easy ones, and sometimes you don't. If you can't handle the MVP you spawned, you ask on main for someone to kill it. In my mind at least, it's the same process you'd go through if you were using a Hylozoist card and you got a monster you couldn't handle. And if you're really that terrified of the big bad MVP's, you shouldn't be breaking BB's in the first place :/
Yes, it can be an annoyance renting and paying for a room to find out there's a Piamette in there, but she's really not that big of a pain to deal with :/ See it as a free mvp left behind for you to take advantage of ! :D

Marilee Wrote:the idea of it is for the party leader to be able to use the cleaner. If a person gets a room and see a mvp that they actually want to kill, then more power to them. This is for the sake of convince. Not to mention its discouraging to want to break some bbs or dbs in a private room away from the public and its full of pias. If you would kindly take the time to click the link addressed to the other thread I have regarding this, you would understand why this petition is made.

According to your link you're asking Pia's to be removed and a timer to be made to wipe everything in the room, not once did I see anything discerning how it'd work lol.

The thought behind your idea of a "Clear All" option is somewhat valid, but having it implemented would require a vast amount of restrictions to make sure it won't be abused. For example, I go in with a few guildies, crack a BB and Cthulhu decides to pay me a visit. I'd then use my powers as the party leader to clear my room, if given that option, or wait 15~30 mins until I have the option to flush the angry sap back under the sea. And for a party leader to decide if they want to keep or kill the MVP leftover in the room leaves an opportunity for abuse. I don't think there should be an option for it honestly. You either clean the room when you buy it, or you accept whatever is left in it. That way, if this idea ever is implemented, I won't see a petition thread for it's removal within a matter of weeks =P

Why so much hate for Pia? I enjoy watching lolis get their faces smashed in :D
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 03:31 AM by Lena.)
12-16-2011 02:19 AM
Deviluke Offline
Celestial Mistress

RE:??Petition regarding Private DB room wipe

GM-Circe Wrote:TLDR; Piamettes are hilarious, and we should up the chance of getting one.
I love you, marry me please. o.o lol

Really though I think this is kind of silly considering this whole petition was created around Piamettes being spawned or left behind in rooms, using the link put in the first post as a reference, and really they're not THAT much of a pain. As it stands I've killed 6 Piamettes since Monday and most of those were per the request of someone wanting to use the private db rooms. They're just not the same old brainless, lex then asura, pattern that most mvps are, and yeah their drops do kind of suck. However, I think that the idea of a wipe option with absolutely no catalyst, or a wipe option in general kind of defeats the purpose of having bbs spawn random mvps if you can just "wipe" what you don't want. I think that's kind of what Circe was saying unless I'm reading it wrong. Yes, I also know it's a pain when people leave behind unwanted mvps or amon ra summons but doesn't that boil down to more of a player responsibility to clean up their mess, for lack of a better word? Doesn't the saying go someone's trash is someone else's treasure? lol

TLDR; Piamettes are fun and should be given hugs not hate, players should try to clean up the junk they summon from their bbs, and if there is gonna be a wipe option there should be some kind of catalyst, seriously.

[Image: 2hyffgw.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 02:55 AM by Deviluke.)
12-16-2011 02:39 AM
Marilee Offline

RE: ??Petition regarding Private DB room wipe

Whispers Wrote:
Marilee Wrote:A petition adds pages, gets attention and shows the server which players agree with the petition.

I'm for the idea of a DB room wipe via the party leader for free (or with fee in public DB rooms).??I just don't understand the idea of a petition.??heRO's not a democracy and we aren't fighting some kind of governmental misdoing.??So I'm confused.

What we are doing is voting on a bill (in a non-democratic society).?
pe?ti?tion
Make or present a formal request to (an authority) with respect to a particular cause.

Your move

Assassin Cross 99/68
Sniper 99/69
Scholar 98/69
Champion 95/62
High Priest 91/61
Lord Knight 91/59
Biochemist 91/58
Mastersmith 86/56
12-16-2011 08:23 AM
Marilee Offline

@Lala - Not everyone has the know how to kill many of the mvps including the annoyance of the pia. I took your advice, tried it that way, even had a bragi in town to give me the cast needed, using any strong weapon and a morph set. With the pia's assump, my base asura (which I proc around 95k on other mvps) pia's assump narrowed it down to 25k, then the healing from her friends behinds thus defeating the purpose. In my despair oh how I wished I could pay a NPC a mil to have her removed from sight.

@Circe - I understand a price for the wipe was undetermined but I was getting to the details of what the idea has in store and was going to let the GM staff be creative with the costs.

@Lena - While creating a debate for such a thing I was giving two ideas, one to remove the pia from BBs, but then realized it would be selfish so I more or less questioned the existence, thus learning that some people don't really mind her. The idea of the NPC is to clean the map of any unwants. Granted it's the player's responsibility to clean up their mess, but really, how many trolls does HeRO harbor?

Somehow my precious petition thread feels like a meeting at town hall. T_T

Assassin Cross 99/68
Sniper 99/69
Scholar 98/69
Champion 95/62
High Priest 91/61
Lord Knight 91/59
Biochemist 91/58
Mastersmith 86/56
12-16-2011 08:30 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Quote:pe?ti?tion
Make or present a formal request to (an authority) with respect to a particular cause.
You're right. That's exactly what a petition is.

This isn't one.
There is nothing formal about it. The statement isn't even clearly presented. Half of it is "Simply vote", etc.

Quote:was going to let the GM staff be creative with the costs
You were going to.. let?
How kind of you to give them your permission. Here I was thinking the GMs had full ability to do whatever they wanted over the entire thing.

Quote:feels like a meeting at town hall.
Generally what happens if there is more than one opinion.
So, yaknow. Everything.

You're trading a safe BBing place for the inability to have others deal with your problematic MvPs.
You could easily fix this by just doing it in the public areas and announcing it so others may come clean over time. Of course, they may stay around to help with more than just the Pia~

Just because you can't kill it, doesn't mean you should be able to just remove it.

Plz to make NPC to remove those single Hunterflies and Ridewords, pl0x. I can't kill them and they're getting in the way of the other things. I'll even let you choose the NPC sprite, GMs. Plzplspl0x.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-16-2011 08:58 AM
Lena Away
No one

@Mari It seems anyone who disagrees with anyone is a troll.

though, not cleaning up after one's self isn't trolling, it's just being lazy.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 04:02 PM by Lena.)
12-16-2011 02:55 PM