Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Scarf Update
n3xus Offline

Black Scarf Update

Can we return the Black Scarf back to the way it was?

The update made it so that Super Novices don't get stat bonuses anymore after putting it on being soul linked. I would say it was fine the way it was before. Was there a specific reason why this was done? RO has plenty of headgears that are not supposed to be wearable by SN without the link.

Apple of Archer - Every Job Except Novice
Feather Beret - Every Job Except Novice
Alice Doll - Every Job Except Novice

If your argument is that the Black Scarf is supposed to be limited by class, here are a few more examples that SN can wear that is class limited.

Fin Helm - swordsman
Binoculars - archer
Close Helment - swordsman

If your argument is based on "black scarf is supposed to create more interest to play ninja/gunslinger...", then this has nothing to do with taking the bonuses away from super novice. While not designed for SN, it grew the SN population as a side-effect. Nontrans woe had 3!!! SN on at once a couple of times. Yes... that was meant to be sarcastic. But I have seen a growth in SN pvm'ers since after Black Scarf was introduced.

If your argument against is that it is overpowered, please elaborate. As far as WoE/PvP side goes, this is not true. There are people in PvP that can easily tank/kill my SN, even with Black Scarf being the way it was. It may have appeared overpowered in WoE/PvP, but that was mostly due to players not having good PvP gears. Even BG set > my SN. Now add glorious rings to that? Ouch. BG Gears also work against SN. The only available earnable glorious weapons are melee daggers/swords. The nice rods would probably need a link and also a wiz/priest on the same account since they are not transferrable even with GM service (last I heard). Forget BG glorious set - Every job except novice (meaning gunners and ninja can use BG set). I can only say one line about PvM SN with Black Scarf since I haven't had much exp with this. I never see any parties looking for a SN, ever.

A few reasons to bring back Black Scarf bonuses to SN:

1) Weakest HP modifier of any class. It is very similar to the HP of first(!!!) class jobs.
2) Not many useful gears (same prob as ninja/gunslinger).
3) Stats gave SN a chance to do ok in pvp/nontrans woe (forget trans woe).
4) It doesn't hurt Gunslingers/Ninjas if SN get the bonuses as well.
5) Black Scarf actually helped the SN population grow because it made it more fun.

One of the saving graces of SN is being able to equip some headgears and weapons that are only useable by certain classes. The update takes that away for the Black Scarf. Are there any good reasons for this?

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
04-01-2012 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: Black Scarf Update

What did it do? I can't find any info on it.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
04-01-2012 09:24 PM
n3xus Offline

Originally like this: http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i...carf_Quest

Updated to:
if Gunslinger
+7 dex
+6 agi
+5 int
if Ninja
+7 int
+6 str
+5 dex
if either
+5 perfect dodge
+1337 HP
+3% demi-human resist

04-01-2012 09:56 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

I love the SN class. I've made 3 of them and I did the Black Scarf quest for two of the three. I would have done it a third time, too, were it not for the fact that I heard they were eventually going to nerf it.

If I'm interpreting it right, it still gives the bonus of 1337 HP, 110 SP, 3% demihuman resist and 5 perfect dodge, though it also used to give big stat bonuses, including DEX INT and STR. I had to buy a respec to make my build work again since it proposed a big stat nerf, and I had one of my baby wings deleted because I assumed I'd never take off the scarf again, but otherwise it's still a good gear to have. I'm sad to see the stats gone, but it's still a great gear, and I'll level-to-99-and-delete another gunslinger just to get one for it.

What I REALLY WISH SN had is *some* way to get a link on yourself. I can't tell you how many times I get curious of changing gears only to find nobody has SN link--or simply isn't willing to take the time out to help you. I spent a month trying to buy *one* on main and there were no takers. The awesome possibilities of the class are destroyed by the low population. I'd pay dearly to be able to do that on my own to some extent. Like... a single scroll that you get through a repeatable quest or buy for a big chunk of zeny or whatever. That would more than make up for the anti-SN nerfs the class has suffered through the years.
04-01-2012 09:58 PM
Factotum Offline

Had I known the Black Scarf worked for Supernovices when I joined, I would have made one too. x.x

[Image: 797auyz]
04-02-2012 09:42 AM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

RE:??Black Scarf Update

Factotum Wrote:Had I known the Black Scarf worked for Supernovices when I joined, I would have made one too. x.x

SN Class --> Getting creative.
04-02-2012 06:49 PM
n3xus Offline

so it's been over a week and i see no arguments against this. can we get the stats back? is it being discussed at all? SN class is too stagnant and limited while other classes get more gears to play with. even if just a "for fun" class made by gravity, it would be nice to not be overlooked to keep the class fun.

04-07-2012 05:12 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

I don't think anyone really cares enough to even argue it...I mean you don't even have any support for it either. Only Weapon seemed to agree with it, though it the item's original code says just for Gunslinger/Ninja, why would Super novices be able to wear it?

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
04-08-2012 12:43 AM
Factotum Offline

I support this topic too.

[Image: 797auyz]
04-08-2012 02:44 AM
n3xus Offline

RE:??Black Scarf Update

Snowhawk Wrote:I don't think anyone really cares enough to even argue it...I mean you don't even have any support for it either.??Only Weapon seemed to agree with it, though it the item's original code says just for Gunslinger/Ninja, why would Super novices be able to wear it?

sounds like i have at least 2 people supporting it.??if people don't care enough to argue it, then i don't see a problem with my suggestion being put into place!??=D

as for your question...i'll reiterate.??SN link allows the SN to wear hats they aren't normally permitted to wear like the following:

Fin Helm - Swordsman only
Binoculars - Archer only
Close Helment - Swordsman only

so in this case...
Black Scarf - Gunslinger/Ninja

with the link, SN gets to use the stats for the other hats (def from fin helm, dex from binocs, hp from helmet, etc).??so SN class should get the Black Scarf stat bonuses too.??personally, i see no exploit, no bug, no abuse.??just something that helps to compete with all the other classes.

edit: making it clearer about other hats specific to certain classes

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 03:30 PM by n3xus.)
04-08-2012 05:56 AM