Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autovend
Raizzee Offline

Autovend

Hi! im suggesting to remove the expiration date to autovend or extend more the time of autovending. Autovend without expiration date have many relevant factos to this server, one of it is when new player joined the server some of them use the command of "/w" and when they saw a low population 1st thing that came to their mind is “This server is dying” “or “I will look for other server where I know I can find easily the stuff I wanted”(Surely vendor isn’t base for the server population but it is 1 factor).

Also I have many friends who were busy studying and working and became lazy autovending because some of their stuff might be a very expensive gear or not so useful at the moment so it surely can’t be sold for 1 week. And they were busy that they were having a time to log their vendor which they know will expire in 1 week. (I’m sure some of the veteran who only have few time to play became lazy also).
At least before at hatter quest, there were some vendor selling itens that saved me from hatter quest when I don’t have the item that hatter’s requesting. Now, that vendor is gone because he knows not all player do hatter quest every day or they don’t need it at the moment.(Not only to hatter quest but some vendor sell stuff that useful to other quest and now most of them gone)

Also before when I need something like gears or cards and the one that was vend was a little OP, at least I know it’s there, and I have time to farm for zenny to buy it other day.

Some people say that seeing your vendor where people respawn have higher chance of buying, well to be honest if its real life that’s true but this is game, the only distance of the other vendor to front line is few cells away, which is 1 – 2 click to your mouse. I remember the “ KARGO” vendor which selling good stuff before and his vendor was placed at the back of the building in prontera and I always check it if he has new things to sell. In this game which is few clicks away this isn’t about if you are near to respawn point its all about how fair your price, and how good your stuff and if people need your stuff.. (I know some vendor at frontline that no one buying their stuff because its OP)

I hope this suggestion to be considered. Thank you! Icon_smile
08-04-2014 05:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: Autovend

Cons:
-Other new players want good spots as well

Pro:
-Get better equipment faster (with third party help)

In other words, the choice the GMs made is to create balance with limitations. It's not friendly to player and that is because it was intentional to make 'challenge-based' result. You explained that your friend were 'lazy' to vend, but that is because we are humans that we always take the easy path in our life.

reality equals fantasy in terms of efficiency Icon_neutral

Why walk when have a car? = Why hunt an MVP card when I can buy it?
08-04-2014 12:07 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

OMG! I actually talked smart for a second there!?
08-04-2014 12:10 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

In my oppinion, having an expiration date forces the vendors to actually look at their shop and check to see if anything has sold. If we didn't have auto-vend, I'm certain most of the things inside said vends would be a lot cheaper, as they'd be priced to move, rather the economy we have where we set a price and wait until people get the 50 gajillion zenny we want to sell that Jellopy for. If there is an expiration date, at least the location would open up regularly, the vendor would have to check his inventory and see what has sold and what hasn't, and perhaps decide if he should raise or lower the price based on the demand (or sales of their product).

All autotrade does is log out your account, and leave your merch vending. You, as the manager of that shop should still have to check up on it from time to time. There are some people who just set it and forget it.

That said when one person has over 20 merchants set up, and left it sitting there for months on end, It doesn't really do much to make the server more lively.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 12:53 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-04-2014 12:51 PM
Raizzee Offline

@Joe
Nothing has change even with autovend expiration. See the orcus gear vending its been standing there for several months and it still OP(Not only that, you'll see more shop who has good stuff with OP Price, i know you guys aware of that). Only people who are willing to change their price are the people who are in need and willing to put fair price on their vend. Autovend expiration wont make you change your price.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 12:01 AM by Raizzee.)
08-05-2014 06:23 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(08-05-2014 06:23 PM)Raizzee Wrote:  Nothing has change even with autovend expiration. See the orcus gear vending its been standing there for several months and it still OP(Not only that, you'll see more shop who has good stuff with OP Price, i know you guys aware of that). Only people who are willing to change their price are the people who are in need and willing to put fair price on their vend. Autovend expiration wont make you change your price.

LOL, instead of autovend hero should have auto discount. Haha it be would amusing to see items in the stores to drop 2% per day.

Icon_twisted Greedy merchants must watch their vend before they drop too low in prices! MUAHAHAHA
08-05-2014 10:49 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

At most an extension to 2 weeks, the best way to buy stuff is still @main

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
08-08-2014 03:25 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

When this thread was posted, we had already decided to update vend expiration to 2 weeks in the next reboot (which happened today), enjoy.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-08-2014 10:10 PM