Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Great Player Gap
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

The Great Player Gap

Now now, I'm relatively a newbie amongst the members of heRO, but I've noticed that there appears to be a great divide between being a post-Training Novice and a heRO, especially when quests are concerned.

The problem is, the only quest accessible for starting players (the Letters quest) only gives minimal rewards compared to the next available quest, which is the optional skill quests. I've struggled as Captain Flapjack looking for a way to get many arrows and to get the requirements for Arrow Craft (41 Tough Scalelike Stem ftl). And now, since the required items for the heRO Custom Quests are undisclosed, I can't decide which items to sell out to the NPC since I might be selling out something which costs more in Vending Price.

And the Mining System and Fishing System are only accessible by those who could actually hunt those items required. This level is probably around 60-70 is you're on your first character of your first ever account. :\

My suggestion is to make the experience of new players more streamlined. I've noticed that heRO focuses too much on the "hero" part and leaves out on newbies who can't even maintain 3,000 zeny on their character. I hope there are ways to make lives of those newbies a bit easier...

Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2009 08:18 AM by Flapjack.)
08-07-2009 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chained Chaos Offline

RE: The Great Player Gap

Oi, yeah, I feel you on the scalelike stems. I just recently helped hunt enough for two archers on my Aco.

Honestly, though, this server is all about community and team-play. I started off here trying to solo the game and found it to be rather difficult starting off. My suggestion is to find a group of people you like, make friends, join their guild, and you'll be set. Guilds watch out for their own, and you can get any info you need through Guild Chat.

I'm not saying to rely on them for everything, naturally, but it really helps with getting your foot in the proverbial door.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
08-07-2009 08:21 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

heRoes always help new players out, there is a huge difference between begging and asking for help.

If you ask for help, I am sure a lot of people will gladly help you.

Try it out.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
08-07-2009 08:23 AM
Chained Chaos Offline

RE:??The Great Player Gap

Loveless Wrote:heRoes always help new players out, there is a huge difference between begging and asking for help.

If you ask for help, I am sure a lot of people will gladly help you.

Try it out.

This.

While you can't ask about custom content through @main or in general chat, anything else is pretty fair game. The players here are generally very helpful and most usually very willing to give new players a helping hand.

08-07-2009 08:25 AM
Flapjack Offline
Ahoy!

Honestly though, I'm not used to that. I came from a private server which has a community so bad that it's more enjoyable to play alone. Right now, whenever I'm helped by anyone, I feel like I'm exploiting people just to get what I want. :O

EDIT: And the amounts of money at stake whenever I visit a Vend Shop sometimes overwhelms me. It's like I'm thinking I could never get that item x because it costs 1 million Zeny and all I have is at the most 10000.

Captain Flapjack - 8x/50 Hunter - Wonders if the cake Pandora baked has an expiry date.
Janus Firebrand - 3x/2x Merchant - Rests too much. *Hey, quit playing hooky!*
Blaize Brightflame - 6x/2x Soul Linker - Likes his red hair better than blonde.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2009 08:29 AM by Flapjack.)
08-07-2009 08:26 AM
Chained Chaos Offline

I can certainly understand that, as I've migrated here from less-than-helpful servers, too, but you'll get used to it eventually. People here help because they want to, not because they feel obligated.

Flapjack Wrote:EDIT: And the amounts of money at stake whenever I visit a Vend Shop sometimes overwhelms me. It's like I'm thinking I could never get that item x because it costs 1 million Zeny and all I have is at the most 10000.
I understand that, too. I felt similarly, but I think everyone does when they start a new server. The economy is always different, and it seems like it'll take forever to be able to afford anything. Just focus on one character for a while, and once you get into your groove money will become less of an object before you know it. Especially if you're going the Hunter/Sniper route for that Archer. Getting money goes pretty quick for that class.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2009 08:35 AM by Chained Chaos.)
08-07-2009 08:28 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Takes a hour or two to hit level 70 as a archer. Easy

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
08-07-2009 09:21 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Hunt Porings! Jelly will do you good *hint* *hint*

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-07-2009 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Definitely joining a guild helps with getting your foot in the door. I think the most successful players on heRO have been the ones that joined a guild they were happy with early on.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-07-2009 12:32 PM
Kelta Offline
The Gothic Lolita

well part of being a new player is making new player mistakes. you just have to play as you can now. don't be paranoid about accidentally selling something that you'll need later on downt he road, because when we all started ragnarok, we all sold something very rare to an npc. (like cards >.>)

just play to have fun atm. i know the world seems very big and impossible to reachm but before you know it you'll be a high level trans with millions of zeny in your storage. just give it time and tyr to enjoy your early days as much as you acn. because those are often the most fun days.

Character: Kelta 8x fs high priest
message me if you wanna party

there is no quitting ragnarok. some day you will be back. back until the day that the game simply no longer exists. and then you will create your own version of ragnarok. because it lives in your blood.
08-07-2009 01:54 PM