Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Itchimaro here..... I am sorry
jose Offline

Itchimaro here..... I am sorry

I am Itchimaro, sorry for not being able to reply on the English test, my English not good. I using translator program now, but I am trying to learn with friends.
Can I have my acc back?
10-09-2009 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Itchimaro here..... I am sorry

If you need to use a translator program to write this simple message Pandora doesn't think your English level is sufficient for playing on heRO just yet, but we wish you the best of luck with your learning, you can apply again once you meet the basic requirement.
10-10-2009 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I feel kinda sorry for him Cry Good luck learning English!!!!

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
10-10-2009 12:43 PM
Edward Elric Offline
Full Metal

Alot of others players use translators, well ...

Could you please list here what he needs to know to reach the basic requirement to be able to play here?
People can?t learn a foreign language in 2 weeks XDDDD.

~The Rekinjutsu Way~

Edward Elric
Von Mises
Shiose
Negi Springfield
Hitsugaya Toushiro
Bakuhatsu Kyudo
Aeria Gloris
Aoshi Shinomori
Jin Kazama
Crimson Fatalis
Hiten Shiose
Hei
10-12-2009 05:44 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

GM-Ayu Wrote:Or rather, you are expecting too much out of everyone including those from countries that don't have english as their first language. Let's go over the rules again:

Current rules on English Wrote:English
To play this server everyone must understand and be able to write a comprehensible English. If a GM addresses you, you must be able to understand, answer and comply. Those who have problems which English should do efforts, but obviously we don't ask for perfection, simply a level high enough to allow communication.

Is perfect grammar a necessary part of comprehensible English? I don't think so.

Is "yes" and "no" or emoticons (like /heh) a sufficient method to reply to GM's addresses of questions? Yes.

Rules said that you just need to be able to do basic level of communicating in English, and understand it enough to comply with the rules. You should realize that reading a language is much easier/do-able than composing a sentence and typing it out. Expecting to fluently reply to you is bit much for the basic English rule to me. They even asked you to stop PMing them (which is English), and why wouldn't they? Forcing themselves to converse in a language unfamiliar to them (while having not much desire to further their study in the language) is difficult

The player you directly pinpointed out is capable of replying to GM questions sufficient enough in randomized bot check, and is capable of giving 'another response' (even if it's an equally short word for grammatically improper and fragmented sentences) when i ask to just say anything else in case if it's programmed response. In complicated situations where GM need to ask them detailed questions in parts of investigations, in the past they took the time to find a bilingual friend or online translator to pull through just fine.

GM-Ayu Wrote:I don't think being able to make a "social conversation" is part of minimal level of English. I think that it's a very high bar if we use that as definition. As long as they can understand the GMs' requests (log off and don't log on when we say that we're doing a reboot, answer bot checks, etc), understand heRO rules which are written in English to begin with, then it's fine enough for me.

GM-Ayu Wrote:How's translator usage to communicate not a sign of effort to reply to you properly? Translators (be it grabbing a friend or online ones) get the job done to "answer and comply" to GM questioning. They're a pain to use though for the online ones and bothering a friend to leave what they're doing to come to your side to translate is also bothersome and burden on the friend if you do it a lot. Hence why it's pretty easy to understand for me if the translators aren't pulled out unless it's GM who's there to deal with them.

If they can use a translator to get by, hey it's a method to "understand, answer and comply" as indicated by the current rules, and it's "effort" to communicate for a "high enough level of communication."

The way I see it is that the current ruling does cover all grounds at the level of appropriate English that we are expecting here.

*coughcough* So much to the translator thing circe.

Edit: According to the story I heard about the banned player - if we apply Ayu's rule above there he shouldn't have been banned.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2009 06:02 AM by Zaratus.)
10-13-2009 06:00 AM
Straw Hat Luffy Offline
Pirate King

Zaratus Wrote:he shouldn't have been banned.

I agree.

10-13-2009 06:05 AM
Edward Elric Offline
Full Metal

It?s really funny that....Ayu was the one who banned him xDDD.

~The Rekinjutsu Way~

Edward Elric
Von Mises
Shiose
Negi Springfield
Hitsugaya Toushiro
Bakuhatsu Kyudo
Aeria Gloris
Aoshi Shinomori
Jin Kazama
Crimson Fatalis
Hiten Shiose
Hei
10-13-2009 08:59 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

Zaratus Wrote:*coughcough* So much to the translator thing circe.

true circe not a really good GM >.> she dont even kno a differance between what roadis and what not road is srsly *COUGH COUGH* No1

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2009 11:08 AM by Lord Adjuchas.)
10-13-2009 11:07 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Circe posted on my behalf, that's why it says "Pandora doesn't think your English level is sufficient for playing on heRO just yet".

I think he should have been able to write this short message without using a translator, it's ok to use a translator for complicated words, but this message seemed simple enough.

We are just ensuring he knows enough to comply with any future check. There would be no point to allow him back if he were to be banned again the next time a GM tests him.

In that quote from Ayu there is a part that says "Rules said that you just need to be able to do basic level of communicating in English, and understand it enough to comply with the rules." which Itchimaro did not, that's why he was punished. He should not require a translator to answer the most basic of question, about color, location, etc. like the ones used in GM test he failed. However, if for example he wants to ask us a non-basic question, I would find it perfectly acceptable that he uses a translator to properly formulate it, if our answer is complicated too, it would also be quite ok that he translates that to make sure he understood our reply. But 1 word answer to a basic gm test question should not require a translator.

@Lord Adjuchas the spot in front of the Prontera flag is considered to be in the street, the rules says that "In Prontera, shops and chat boxes can only be set up on the side walks.", place your chatroom on the sidewalk next time.

@Itchimaro

1) As said before, we wish you the best of luck in your English learning, hopefully your friends can help you go over the basic so you can answer GM test questions yourself, I'm sure you can learn this in a reasonable time, we're not asking for perfection.

2) During that time you were checked by the GMs you purposefully lied to them, I'm sure I need not say that this is not the proper way to try to "get out of a situation". So use your ban time to learn enough English to be able to respond to them without making up a false excuse.

3) Send me a pm once you are ready to post again, and I shall reopen this topic just for you.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-13-2009 12:51 PM
Thread Closed