Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World Peace! \o/
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??World Peace! o/

mahawirasd Wrote:but at least they do so indiscriminately and in that effect to some extent creates a limit to which their population can grow, thus resulting in a somewhat sustainable equilibrium where the world is concerned...

Just because they do not have opposable thumbs.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
10-01-2010 04:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: World Peace! \o/

Who needs opposable thumbs where you have raw power that can tear open anything with enough persistance?
10-01-2010 09:25 AM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

RE:??World Peace! o/

mahawirasd Wrote:but at least they do so indiscriminately and in that effect to some extent creates a limit to which their population can grow, thus resulting in a somewhat sustainable equilibrium where the world is concerned...

sadly humans just cannot seem to be able to control themselves...

-w-

Your post seems contradictory. First you seem to imply lions are better because they kill their own species indiscriminately. Then you lament the fact that humans cannot control themselves. Pick one!

Also, saying lions kill indiscriminately is wrong. When a lion kills another lion, its usually for a reason. Males kill cubs that most likely aren't their own, but not cubs that are more than likely theirs. Males kill intruders to their own territory (sometimes), but not random lions. Alternately, bachelor lions kill established pride leaders (sometimes) in order to increase their own power and become the pride leader. In nature, most killing isn't done indiscriminately.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
10-02-2010 10:57 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

In humanity however, it is :D

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-02-2010 12:04 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??World Peace! o/

Amara Wrote:

sadly humans just cannot seem to be able to control themselves...

-w-

Your post seems contradictory.??First you seem to imply lions are better because they kill their own species indiscriminately.??Then you lament the fact that humans cannot control themselves.??Pick one!

Also, saying lions kill indiscriminately is wrong.??When a lion kills another lion, its usually for a reason.??Males kill cubs that most likely aren't their own, but not cubs that are more than likely theirs.??Males kill intruders to their own territory (sometimes), but not random lions.??Alternately, bachelor lions kill established pride leaders (sometimes) in order to increase their own power and become the pride leader.??In nature, most killing isn't done indiscriminately.

yeah, sorry for that, i really did screw up the phrasing in trying to convey what i meant.

i totally agree with your description, and it is exactly in line with my reasoning that lions at least have passively/instinctively acquired and accepted a set limit on how much population is sustainable for their own pride and for mother earth. Humans on the other hand...

-w-
10-03-2010 11:18 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Spawn like crazy and a single death causes an uproar.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
10-04-2010 01:16 AM