Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Q: int and dex of clown
shuning Offline

Q: int and dex of clown

it says for Bragi the casting time is determined by the clown's dex and the cast delay is effected by the clown's int.

initially my clown was planning on 99dex (bragi and faster VA), 60 -70 int and rest on vit for woe....

but i was forced to do a reset during a oldin party (the gunner refuses to come unless i got 99int and was telling me clown need 120ish int. ) so i did a reset and have 99int, 65int and 65dex now... but i feel really shit for 2 reasons....
1. i feel like my bragi is so shit.... the casting time didnt change much....
2. my AV takes so long to cast....

i tried to check the net... but those guides just confuses me... as most guides now days dont give u a exact number on what stats to put and how much... it just tells u a general range and what it does... its really confusing....

so i was wondering if all the clowns here can share me ur stats..... ..... and tell me what a clown should be like....

ive never played a clown before in my life... currently im lvl 95 with
99int
65dex
65vit
rest all 1..... my main focus is woe....

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
11-17-2010 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Q: int and dex of clown

Most people say emphasize the int for a reason. Our cast times are already fast as mages and archers. Other classes don't give a crap about cast time such as Knights, Sins, or Merchant classes. Sure AD has a cast bar, but its fairly short. What holds ALL of us back from spamming more is aftercast delay.

Yes I'm serious. We can spam our key skills more often if our aftercast delays are shrunk.

However a clown with high int usually is just a support clown, he's not suppose to level on his own. ;D

Game has changed a lot for dancer/bard in how they handle stats. Its not AV spam in WoE, they are suppose to support, and neither needs high dex to do that well. Tarot is still fast without max dex and in a decent bragi for either Gypsy or Clown. x)

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-17-2010 12:04 PM
shuning Offline

yea i know clowns r supposed to bragi and tarot in woe not AV. but i like av for other purposes such as PVP and hunting.... guess i can leave hunting for my sniper and now i dont have a PVP char >.<

now i finally see the difference between a FS clown and a non-FS one...
so my go on as my current 99 int 60 - 70 dex rest on vit? im doing right for a woe clown? or i need to adjust my dex and vit more?

IGN

Long Live the Revolution

11-17-2010 12:09 PM
Hiroishime Offline

this should be your final stat including gears (or includes buff if you want but i wouldnt rely on buff).
120 DEX 100 INT and VIT leftovers (should be 80+).

120INT is abit of pushing it, 100INT is enough for a very potent service song as well when you are linked.

^____________________________^ /derp
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 12:14 PM by Hiroishime.)
11-17-2010 12:13 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

IMO, that gunner was just looking for a reason not to party.

Ideally, You do want 90+ base int. Cast delay is the main problem??of many classes.??This lowers their cast delay and makes it so right after a wizzy finishes casting one SG, they can follow up immediately with another spell, like Juptital thunder, LoV, or in woe's case, Meteor Storm.

Dex, is the casting time. For the most part,??when everyon'es 90+, they should already have the dex to cast their stuff fairly quickly.??But still that extra cast time decrease is nice. If it were me, I'd want to get enough dex so I could cast tarot instantly, and keep all parties happy, but it probably wouldn't survive as good in a woe- sit due to lack of vit. In woe, I don't think you should ever rely on AV for damage, even if you do have a link or another person bragi-ing you. Most of the delay with AV is Animation based, not Delay based.

I suppose one could drop int or dex down a bit for some more vit. If I was going to a??clown for Loki's veil, I'd get lots of vit/int so I'd try to keep it up as long as possible ans survive whoever's melee-ing me.??If I was going as a bragi, I'd be more dex/int based and walk among our casters and stuff.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 12:15 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-17-2010 12:14 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah pretty much what Hiro said. 120 Int is for PvM clowns, and even then that's pushing it, 110 most is seriously all you need. Dunno why some players are so particular for 120 int, when its not that necessary really to sacrifice other stats for it (like that vit).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-17-2010 12:16 PM
shuning Offline

RE:??Q: int and dex of clown

Hiroishime Wrote:this should be your final stat including gears (or includes buff if you want but i wouldnt rely on buff).
120 DEX 100 INT and VIT leftovers (should be 80+).

120INT is abit of pushing it, 100INT is enough for a very potent service song as well when you are linked.
wow is that possible? does anyone who any RO char similuator where i can put in the items and buff i want and see what final stats comes out?

Edit: nvm... that is possible... but needs a simulator to carefully work it out @.@

Head top: peco hair band
Head mid/lower: no clue... prob +2 all stats
Wep: violin
Shield: thara valk
Armor: anything with a marc? or other ele.....
Manteau: wool + ray?
Shoes: tidal + green frugus?
Acessory: Orlean's gloves? nimble gloves??? earing[1] ????

with buffs i get around +15'ish int? i guess 120 dex is not a problem since i got owls eye too.... but will my vit come to 80?

IGN

Long Live the Revolution

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 12:40 PM by shuning.)
11-17-2010 12:32 PM
Hiroishime Offline

yea very possible u can get +40 DEX easily on clown, but again it really depends on what u want to use your clown for.

say for WoE u'll lose 4dex from ramen because u'd be wearing FB,
u'll lose 8 dex from 2 nimble gloves if you plan to wear stuff like smokie card or errende card at your acc part.

edit:

remember you have attention concentrate to boost up your DEX alot as well, not only owl's eye and yes 80 VIT is possible, my clown has above stat at lv 96.

^____________________________^ /derp
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 12:41 PM by Hiroishime.)
11-17-2010 12:39 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Also remember that those "final stat" benchmarks are including equipment stat bonuses as well. A good way to conserve some int is to use a Harp[1] or Harp[2] which should be pretty cheap, and they come with 2 int to help out. Throw a golem card on it so it cannot be destroyed to keep the song up at all times. You aren't attacking as you use songs anyway, so if you really need to attack to boost some DPS for your party, just switch weapons.

With that said, don't sacrifice defensive gears for sake of stats only though. Harp is good because no other weapon really help out too much in survivability anyway (you can also use harp of nepenthes if you want.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-17-2010 12:46 PM
shuning Offline

oh i see.... what equips do u have on ur clown and what base stats? ( maybe i can copy LOL )

IGN

Long Live the Revolution

11-17-2010 12:47 PM