Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Branch Room
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

Dead Branch Room

I know in the last SVN it was updated, and I liked the changes made, but I thought another cool one that could be done is make the dead branch room rentable by guild as well as party, for the purpose of guild DB parties.

But you may say, "Well Spuznik why don't you just get everyone in your guild in one party?"

Well, I thought about that. The problem with that is; many people in a guild aren't in share range, There would need to be separate parties for everyone to go and there still be some exp share. It may not seem like a supper big deal, but some times its hard to get support classes into the DB room, as the exp loss isn't worth it to them.

I probably phrased that really poorly, I hope I got the message across.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
04-15-2011 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dead Branch Room

alt-m /invite "charname" and alt-z right-click expel inside the room isn't that hard imho Ok

-w-
04-15-2011 09:44 PM
Seiji Offline
I play with fatty

oh, u meant guildies, who can make different parties depends on their range, can all go in same DB room?
That beats the purpose of Guild Hall btw.

[Image: wi8piv.jpg]
04-15-2011 11:18 PM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

RE:??Dead Branch Room

mahawirasd Wrote:alt-m /invite "charname" and alt-z right-click expel inside the room isn't that hard imho Ok

-w-

It still would be easier if you didn't even have to do that, if people re-spawn you have to re-invite them break share, kick them turn share back on and repeat every-time someone re-spawns or logs in. I know its not a huge deal to do, its just a pain and making the system more fluid would make it a more attractive feature.

Seiji Wrote:oh, u meant guildies, who can make different parties depends on their range, can all go in same DB room?
That beats the purpose of Guild Hall btw.

Yes, the guild hall is nice, but it's a pain to use and as fair as I know (I honestly haven't looked at it too much but I will) Its exclusive to the guild holding it. I just thought it would be nice to give smaller guilds a chance, I see a lot of whining about how WoE is boring, if EVERYONE got access to a guild hall type thing, maybe everyone could reap the rewards and smaller guilds who might have some aspirations of WoE might get there before giving up.

I know its not hard to add. (I've actually scripted one before but its probably gone with my old computer at this point.) It makes the script a lot longer but for the most part it isn't that big of a deal as its almost all copy pasting. I don't see it being added anytime soon, I just thought that if someone on the staff wanted to do something and couldn't think of anything, it would be a cool little thing to add.

I've had the idea of suggesting it for a while, but I just hadn't got around to it. I didn't think I would be the ONLY person to think it was a good idea.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011 08:41 AM by Spuznik.)
04-17-2011 08:37 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Spuznik Wrote:its hard to get support classes into the DB room, as the exp loss isn't worth it to them.

There is no EXP loss in DB Rooms.
04-17-2011 06:22 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

This is exactly what Guild Halls are for.
They're not a pain to use (Flag warp in from corresponding town, right near the spawn), and they tend to have a raised and a lowered area, making for a semi-protected spawn in unless someone drags it to spawn.

Smaller guilds do have chances at obtaining guild halls. They aren't available through castle holding. Thus far, one has been auctioned off at the Fairy auction, and another was one of the prizes to choose for the Server Birthday PvP Comp (and from memory, wasn't even chosen.) so was part of the prize for the first guild to complete the Guild Quest.

While some things come down to bother and difficulty of scripting or coding, the majority of things don't. It is possible that we delete chars and the such. But we don't.
There are usually other factors in decisions other than ease of implementing.

That being said, we may make a single Guild Hall rentable.

For a price, of course.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

04-18-2011 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

Damn you're right matt, I forgot. Its more an issue of not getting any exp.

and Circe, I will make a guild hall map, FOR FREE (from scratch not something I stole from eA or if it was still out there RUNE) if it's rent-able (so long as its an hourly rate similar to the DB Room so ALL guilds have a equal opportunity to use it).

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011 09:23 PM by Spuznik.)
04-18-2011 09:18 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

We already have spare guild hall maps.

Like I said, it's not one of those lack of resources things.

It's one of those things were there is already such a thing available, though not in the most common way, but we'll think about making one rentable to guilds.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

04-18-2011 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply