Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie Pack Lady
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Newbie Pack Lady

Now I know I know, why am I bothering to mention the Newbie Pack Lady? I love her to death, she's wonderfully useful for newbies to the server *heck leveled my mage to level 20 with those gears no prob early on before I finally had enough int to use magic effectively*

But Newbie Pack Lady is in a very odd spot of the Novice Training grounds. Now for most of us regulars, this wouldn't matter anymore. But I noticed the other day someone didn't get to go through all of training grounds because of the placement of said Newbie Pack Lady. Being in the beginning and all is fine, but why does she give you the option immediately after to warp? For some, they don't realize all the things they are missing going through the grounds since they are totally new to RO. Besides, inside training grounds already there is a kafra that will warp you if you don't want to go all the way through the grounds...

And to be honest, when I first joined here I accidentely warped myself out of the grounds before I wanted to, I wanted to go through the grounds, I like the potions and the free exp Icon_sad

So I have two ideas for what we can do about Newbie Pack Lady to keep people from falling into the warp trap.

1. Don't make her give you the option to be warped out, or give a warning about warping out of training grounds when given the choice to warp-if you do this, Newbie Pack Lady will be fine where she is.

2. Put Newbie Pack Lady at the end of Training Grounds-What I mean by "at the end" I mean at the area you take the test to see what job is best suited to you.

3. If possible, put a Newbie Pack Lady npc at the end of Training Grounds too-I don't know if you can program this one to check how many packs you already got if you have gotten any before, but I feel I should throw this idea out there too just in case.

Anyways thanks for bearing with me and reading :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-13-2008 02:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Newbie Pack Lady

I whole-heartedly agree (even though I've already claimed all the newbie packs on most of my accounts)
02-13-2008 02:39 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I am pretty sure that the "warp trap" implication is *quite* intentional for reasons that are not yet revealed, but will be soon Evil

I don't remember if talking to the newbie pack lady will automatically warp to Pront or not, to be honest. If it's not a mandatory warp (which seems to be the case from what you're saying Aaronock) then it sounds fine the way it is. We never forced them to get out of the novice ground, did we Icon_smile Afterall, even the official NPC a few cells behind the novice pack lady gives you the same option to skip the training ground as well.

02-13-2008 02:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SyaoranShadow Offline
- = x = -

u will not be automatically warp to sumwhere but...u cnt enter novice grounds when talked to the lady already Icon_sad lots of newcomers got victimized xD

so i agree,it must be placed somewhere in the end. like a reward or sumthing for being a good novice student Icon_biggrin

*drools for precious novice pots*

Need A Great Clown for Woe/leveling? click me!!
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2008 02:59 AM by SyaoranShadow.)
02-13-2008 02:57 AM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

the newbie pack lady asks you if you wanna take the newbie pack but fails to mention that DOING so will boot you from the training grounds. Thus the complaint.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
02-13-2008 03:00 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

It does force a warp, since I just quickly tried ^_^; You can choose what city to go to, but the warp out of training ground is mandatory.

I don't think it's too much problem and only of minor severity even if it is. It's not hard to make new novices to pick up more noobie packs or get basically infinite amount of novice potions by making new novices.

(True heroes are not tempted by packs that are an obvious trap, I mean, it even got the word "newbie" on the name of the package. We're heroes, not newbies Icon_razz And yes, we have hidden reasons why we are probably not going to change this one, and it will be coming in the near future)

02-13-2008 03:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Do I smell difficulty issues associated with Novice Wings Icon_wink
02-13-2008 03:10 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Intern-Ayu Wrote:It does force a warp, since I just quickly tried ^_^; You can choose what city to go to, but the warp out of training ground is mandatory.

Well if you actually click the cancel button you can avoid the warping issue, but not everyone does this >_>

Quote:(True heroes are not tempted by packs that are an obvious trap, I mean, it even got the word "newbie" on the name of the package. We're heroes, not newbies Icon_razz And yes, we have hidden reasons why we are probably not going to change this one, and it will be coming in the near future)

Ooooo, so there is a reason that lady decided to be a TARP, can't wait to find out why Icon_suprised

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-13-2008 11:07 AM
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Intern-Ayu Wrote:It does force a warp, since I just quickly tried ^_^;

Ahhh...so that WAS you that joined last night as "Test-Ayu", then "Test Ayu".

i c wut u did thar Evil

[Image: NagatoYuki.gif]
Nagato Yuki: Level 68/35 (Professor)
[Image: Kaiji-1.jpg]
Anime currently watching: Kaiji
02-13-2008 11:16 AM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

I think that the reason she isnt going to be placed in the end of the TG is because then you will have the free exp and pot and TWO sets of novie packs. Sure the one from the lady stays with you even after you change jobs and the other not. But that is the intentional part(I think).

I do agree that she MUST warn you that you will be negated the entrance to the TG once you accept the pack.

Ohh, and to included in the pack at least 50 red pots wouldn't be a bad idea.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
02-13-2008 02:54 PM