Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just wondering... not coming back or anything >_> wanna know some opinions
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

Just wondering... not coming back or anything >_> wanna know some opinions

http://www.christasus.com/Letters/CSLWha...Christ.htm

read that and tell me what you think... I'm only asking you do it because I don't know of a place that is as diverse and heRO in beliefs. Some believe evolution/Creation/Buddhism/etc, but I've been looking to find opinions on this from skeptics, I know what I am, and where I stand on it. I would like to hear your opinions >_>

shhh I know I quit heRO but I wanted to share this with you guys. It's pretty word. I have to agree with him, because I was brought up with belief that Christianity was the only way, and then I went on my own little 'journey' and found out to me that it was the right way... this is just something I tell to people, but I can never get the words out right (mainly because I suck at stories, and I don't remember little details very well).

KGO! 321 opinions.

ps.

Don't yell at me for coming back on the forums plocks, and try to keep flames about me down >.> coz i know yall hate me <3

[Image: 200pxfreyacrescentartqg0.jpg]
oh ma gwad... yes gwad... but here comes the one who says the P werd!... word.
04-15-2008 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: Just wondering... not coming back or anything >_> wanna know some opinions

I'll write something tomorow, it may be a long post.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
04-15-2008 01:12 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

I'm an atheist. While I still enjoy reading debates, for and against Gods existence, I find myself drawn to the views of Atheism as I haven't experienced anything personally that supports the existence of God. I find the arguments for and against the existence of God can be easily countered by something as simple as "Prove it.". I like to think that if God does exist and does care about the human race in general, he would make his existence obviously apparent.

I found the comment relating to disproving the Bible as being mere fiction rather interesting. Although that may be a valid point, I still think the Bible is nothing more than a collection of stories, aimed at teaching morality. I'm not aware of any other evidence other than the Bible that backs up Christianity (the same can be said for any of the major religions). From what little I have studied about history (as a subject), a single piece of evidence isn't enough for people to go around claiming it as fact.

One of the major things about the concept of God that bugs me, is that he supposedly asks for our worship. The definition of God suggests a perfect and infinitely powerful being. As such, why would a God need the worship of something as imperfect as man? That to me shows imperfection in God's "character", which goes against the meaning of "god".

I'll add more to this later on, when I have more time.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
04-15-2008 01:43 AM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

>_> Yo dude listen, I don't want to get into a religious debate about who is right or who is wrong and why and blah blah blah... you believe what you believe, all I want to hear is your opinion on THIS article, not your problems about there being a God or there not being a god K? k now that thats understood... more people post please :]

04-15-2008 01:50 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'm probably being a horrible testimony right now to say that while I am a Christian and should address this post properly, I'm "far too busy now and will like to post about it later." While Christians, like what C. S. Lewis mentioned here, shouldn't really abandon Christ like what when He is calling, I'll just be honest and say that I'm not spiritually mature enough in this particular case u_u

Either way, GM team is equally diverse in beliefs as well. If there's problems with this thread, both side won't be "under-represented" and "oppressed for religious reasons." Just act mature with common sense, and these topics really aren't that bad all the time.

... wait did I just say act mature with common sense >_>

EDIT: Maybe what Krim means is that he has no time to read it now? No need to jump on him so fast XD;

04-15-2008 01:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Taiyaki Offline
Amy-chama <3

I'm actually a Shinto believer, though I was part of the christian faith at a very young age...

I think that though miraculous things can happen, certain things within the bible just might be a bit exaggerated for stories sake...plus thats how myths and tales work, they start out based on a form of fact and over years of retelling it grows bigger and bigger, so i think that though some of the things in the bible may be exaggerated, I also believe that the stories probably have truth in them about something that did happen back then. Also some of them may have been altered to add in that touch of "moral ending" in which to teach the followers.

Thats about all the opinion I feel capable of giving at this time...

!Join me at the Karaoke Bar!
[Image: 2GGYORB3QMEVEIAMZOEQRBKKBAL65GQP.gif]
04-15-2008 03:27 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

After reflection, I decided that I won't write a poste, because :

- It will be long.
- Number of people actually reading it and paying attention will probably be something near zero.
- Probably won't change anything for the readers of this thread.
- I don't masterize enough written english to write something long and meaningfull.
- Will probably start a flame war.
- This is a board for an online mmorpg, I know from experience that forums for games are not a place for debates (I'm talking about others forums that I am part of as well).
- Will probably not satisfy the OP of this thread, in the sense that it won't actually be what he asked in here, but just somewhat related to it.

Not that I don't want to write something here, but I feel that it is not the place for it.

If someone know a forum about discusion of religions, spirituals beliefs and philosphy pm me. But I doubt this thing exist. I mean, not biased.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2008 10:23 AM by Général_Argos.)
04-15-2008 10:16 AM
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

I think were are mature enough to discuss things, at least I hope so.

I'm against most religions, just due to the sheer amount of atrocities they have committed in the name of gods. When God becomes an excuse to kill others or commit heinous crime, to me it's completely wrong Icon_sad

I believe in moral over doctrines.

As for this article, I find it interesting to read, although I don't agree with most of it, even the stuff that is "against" Christianity.

I find it funny that he questions Jesus' "sayings", Jesus lived (if he lived), over 2000 years ago, what we read as his "sayings" are text written/translated by man. Most of those man have never met Jesus, in fact, most lived centuries after Jesus, some lived over a millennium after him, did you ever play the telephone game? Man are unreliable, so you cannot treat what those man said and based on that say that Jesus was a delusional lunatic. You have to take the bible with a pinch of salt (maybe a fistful).

Quote:The question is, I suppose, whether any hypothesis covers the facts so well as the Christian hypothesis. That hypothesis is that God has come down into the created universe, down to manhood ? and come up again, pulling it up with Him. The alternative hypothesis is not legend, nor exaggeration, nor the apparitions of a ghost. It is either lunacy or lies. Unless one can take the second alternative (and I can?t) one turns to the Christian theory.
I think thats where he errs the most, because he claims that anyone not choosing the Christian hypothesis is a lunatic or a liar. Not only is that arrogant, it is also closed-minded. The inability to accept that someone may have views different from your own and that those view are equally acceptable is the main problem of many fanatic religious people.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
04-15-2008 04:35 PM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

K, I don't really want to debate about what you believe religion does, and what you're against. and to the post above me, You should pay more attention to what he wrote, he was implying that saying Jesus was a lunatic or a liar wasn't logical thinking.

And @ Krim, I think everyone has the right to believe what they want, I don't want to change what people believe, I wanted to see if you thought his arguments were flaws and what they were, not with the faith/religion (whatever you want to call it) itself.

>_> and once again, don't bring up your problems with different faiths, I don't this to be a religious debate, all I want to hear is opinions... Thank you <3

04-15-2008 07:34 PM
n3xus Offline

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:If someone know a forum about discusion of religions, spirituals beliefs and philosphy pm me. But I doubt this thing exist. I mean, not biased.

Check your pm.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
04-15-2008 11:18 PM