Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
English Test
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

English Test

I'm seriously sick of this. Im sick of being KS'd by people, and being ignored when I speak to people because they simply don't know english. This is an english server, I came here because I hoped that the community would understand me. I have come across 10-15 people who just simply don't understand a word I'm saying.

It is a REQUIREMENT to join heRO to know english. I recommend/suggest there be a better more extencive test at the novice grounds to test if you know english.

If this isnt suggested already or being worked on I hope it is.

Another cool thing would be if you fail the test a handful of times, you could be account jailed?

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 06:17 PM by Cheesecake.)
05-07-2009 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: English Test

Another thing that I noticed about the entrance NPC was that all the "yes" options were on TOP. All it would take is simply enter spamming and they'd be in.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
05-07-2009 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah guys there is an english test in the works, which I think in the testing section we said per account you'd only haveta take it once, cause it would be silly to haveta do it over again and again wouldn't it Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-07-2009 06:57 PM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

As Aaronock said, someone in the Test & Dev section is working on a NPC script for that.

And Sepharius, from what I remember, the option to continue dialog isn't actually the first choice on the first NPC...
05-07-2009 07:15 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??English Test

Intern-Mass Wrote:As Aaronock said, someone in the Test & Dev section is working on a NPC script for that.

And Sepharius, from what I remember, the option to continue dialog isn't actually the first choice on the first NPC...
It doesn't take much knowledge about English to figure out that the other choice is the right one. Icon_neutral

And I do indeed agree with Cheesecake. If you fail and get account jailed, there's going to be another English NPC (I would suggest things like basic sentences and stuff for the test) waiting in the jail. If they succeed, they get released back to that same NPC that put them in the jail in the first place.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 07:20 PM by Galt.)
05-07-2009 07:19 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I think the English one is on top.
The understanding the rules one is the one with the not on top.

Entrance NPC, that is.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-07-2009 07:24 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

The jail thing seriously is what I'm enforcing then. Er, as in my opinion, Im enforcing the idea of jailing an account if they fail it a certain ammount of times.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-07-2009 07:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sepharius Offline
:3

Yea, the first choice says "No", so that rules out enter spamming.

But I noticed the second answer options about speaking English are "Yes sir!" and "???". To be honest, I think that we should change "???" to something else. Nearly everyone in any language understands "???", so it might be better to change it to "No, I don't know how to speak English".

And yea, I do think we need a better test for English here. =\

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
05-07-2009 07:50 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

almost every language knows the two words yes and no. the reason why the alternating order is to prevent bots. the second option about whether you know english is what will be replaced by the test that i have been working on and really need to finish up quickly. i apologize for all the delays on this script, with life actually becoming a lot more interesting for me as of late, whereas before it was only school in my way lol.

anyway, i'm going to be finishing that up and submitted this weekend to panda or aki for review and implementation.
05-07-2009 07:57 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Instead of "Yes Sir" Make it like "I do agree with that statement." and Instead of "???" make it "I do have to disagree with that statement."

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
05-07-2009 08:05 PM
Thread Closed