Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enable BG Damage
Menace651 Offline

Enable BG Damage

I've never really understood why damage indicator is set to 1 in WOE and some other PVP maps. I guess in WOE it's to reduce the amount of clutter on the screen???

Anyways I think it gives the person on the receiving end of an attack a huge advantage since you don't know how much damage you are doing to that person or what kind of gears they have on. Therefore you can't adjust your strategy accordingly. For example, if you attack someone with a nuetral weapon and they have on GR you have no idea of the damage you are doing. You end up just trying to kill them with the same weapon. If damage indicator was enabled you could switch your strategy and swap to an Immaterial or Elemental weapon.

Just an idea. I know some people won't agree but whatever.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
10-22-2013 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: Enable BG Damage

Or you could just look at what rate they're potting and figure out that they have gr on...

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
10-22-2013 10:25 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

RE: Enable BG Damage

this effect (not knowing theirs gears) is wanted and a design element of the game to keep it interesting,proper gear switching is half of what pvp is about,Gojiras Suggestion works fine unless you meet a crazy rich dude mousewheeling ygg berries while tanking

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
10-22-2013 10:34 PM