Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Novice Castle
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

RE: Novice Castle

for once I agree with krim..just not about the divided by 10 thing..

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2007 09:21 AM by SwiftStrike.)
05-02-2007 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It's not taking anything away from any players, in addition lots of people who have trans also have second job characters that they can play as well for an "old school" challenge.

Live and let live Icon_wink

(In addition it would be complicated to lower drop rate on 1 castle only.. -_-)

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-02-2007 10:05 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

but the old guilds would have to make a non trans class to be able to attack them and that simply means they would not have their transcend class advantage (ok their number, equips and experience is a dead given advantage). and i do not think that it is for newcomers either because either its drop is reduced by 90% or not i think the old guild will end up attacking them anyways.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
05-02-2007 10:10 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Ok lets double the amount of mobs on maps. However the clone mobs will be only killable by non-trans characters.??It's the same thing as for the castle, it's bul*****.(I censored myself here).

I say no chest at all for the non-trans castle.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2007 12:34 PM by Général_Argos.)
05-02-2007 12:33 PM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

??? Calm down Krimlin...

You have no reason for being this upset. The competition is going to be the same as it is right now, don't think it's going to be "easier" to defend or anything. It's only a new restriction for one type of castle, what's wrong with this? There is nothing holding you back from making another character designed to meet these restrictions.

I was actually looking forward to something like that o_o, I'll probably take part in there when it'll open instead of going in the other castles...o_o;;

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
05-02-2007 12:48 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Maybe he has this "If you are not a Trans, you are a newb" concept stuck in his head. Now those so-called newbs will have good chest drops =O
05-02-2007 01:27 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

less peole = less challenge.

If there is less people for the non-trans woe, yes, it will be definitly be easier for for those people to hold a castle and raise a high economy in it.

But if something else happen and there is the same amount of people or even more doing the non-trans woe than the other, it will be because of trans players playing the woe on non-trans characters. There is no problem with this and it could be a way to add some kind of "new challenge". But, if there is large amount of "trans people" playing on non-trans char during the woe, those who stayed on their trans char will have to fight less opponents and it will be easier for them.

So anyways, the woe will be easier for one group or the other. Something easier for someone = debalancing. Yes, people can chose to go on the woe wich will have less people to have a easier challenge rather than the other like people can lvl a baby or play a real character for having things "easier".

But the problem is that with a divided woe some people will just alternate to one woe to another and I see this as something chaotic >_>

Anyways, divided woe = less people in one group or the other and I don't think that woes needs less players...

Krim's grocery list

05-02-2007 01:32 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

The most uber and powerful players on the server already have Trans. Meaning just like you are a Trans Krim, others' are transed. Those whom are still not transed barely have stuff like old players. They aren't all that powerful. And there is no secret alliance where all 2nd jobs joined together to hold that castle and build economy. I have a trans but 2 other 90ish non-transed chars. Don't you have any other non-transed character you can WoE on?

If not then make one, make a class you don't have a trans of yet. The point is: 2nd jobs barely can compete with transed jobs. They get butchered in WoE. Especially by old guilds. By providing a castle for them, things will start being fun even for 2nd job people.
05-02-2007 01:36 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Novice Castle

Bloody Wrote:The most uber and powerful players on the server already have Trans. Meaning just like you are a Trans Krim, others' are transed. Those whom are still not transed barely have stuff like old players. They aren't all that powerful. And there is no secret alliance where all 2nd jobs joined together to hold that castle and build economy. I have a trans but 2 other 90ish non-transed chars. Don't you have any other non-transed character you can WoE on?

If not then make one, make a class you don't have a trans of yet. The point is: 2nd jobs barely can compete with transed jobs. They get butchered in WoE. Especially by old guilds. By providing a castle for them, things will start being fun even for 2nd job people.

I have 2 lvl 95+ non-transced char like most people who have a transced one and can easily go up in the non-trans castle.??

"The point is: 2nd jobs barely can compete with transed jobs." FALSE.
What a high priest has more than a priest? 20% sp/hp and skills that cannot works in woe like assumptio and basilica woot.??It's not true that non-trans char cannot compete with transced one. Maybe you should make an alliance with more players or revise your strategy.??Thats it.??If you aren't strong enough for something you want to do, get stronger.??There is a way to make a fresh restart for all people, making them start equally, without debalancing the server, but nobody wanted to ear it when I talked about it.??I won't talk about it anymore because no one wants to discuss so if you want someone to blame because you feel that things are not being "fair", blame yourself.

Krim's grocery list

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2007 01:55 PM by Général_Argos.)
05-02-2007 01:52 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Learn to read:

Quote:The point is: 2nd jobs barely can compete with transed jobs.

This doesn't apply to all jobs. My statements implied that there ARE exceptions.

Clowns can pretty much slaughter any other 2nd job with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS. Wtf can any 2nd job do against an EPD SB SinX? What chance does a Hunter have against a Sniper? Snipers can outheal Priests/High Priests. Hunters can't.

There are MANY things that come with being a transed. If this castle thing was a bad idea, Panda wouldn't have added it.

Since you have non-trans chars, go ahead and take the castle. Hold it, build economy and enjoy the drops. Or you feel you are too weak to do it?
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2007 02:00 PM by Bloody.)
05-02-2007 01:59 PM