Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ban Mobbing
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

RE: Ban Mobbing

GM-Jade Wrote:Gambit calm down please....we won't accept behavior like that.

Be respectful to others.

Yeah i am respectful to others in game as well, i don't go around hoging all the seals for my leveling pleasures even if i did have a mobbing class i wouldnt mob the entire map causing a great danger for passing by players cause if i screw up they are dead or caused to retreat needlessly cause of my selfish actions.
01-25-2006 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

Gambit Wrote:
GM-Jade Wrote:Gambit calm down please....we won't accept behavior like that.

Be respectful to others.

Yeah i am respectful to others in game as well, i don't go around hoging all the seals for my leveling pleasures even if i did have a mobbing class i wouldnt mob the entire map causing a great danger for passing by players cause if i screw up they are dead or caused to retreat needlessly cause of my selfish actions.

Just calm down man. You didn't need to tell Pandora to stfu, she didn't do anything wrong. There's plenty of solutions to your problem, just try and find one.

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
01-25-2006 08:05 PM
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

Yeah i got a problem its why i started this topic to hope for a solution so far everyone just goes against me. Noone sides 1 has seen it in my point of view thus far and i know i'm making a good argument, saying just level in another place is not, so far none of you guys who are against me are making any good arguments at all.
01-25-2006 08:17 PM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

We aren't against you man, read our posts, we also never said you need to level somewhere else, take the entire post into consideration.

Also, it's been suggested already that you just talk to the people mobbing. If you tell them then maybe they'll leave you alone there for a while, that way you get some mobbing in as well.

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
01-25-2006 08:27 PM
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

if you not familiar with RO classes, monks don't really MOB atleast not alone, second, you're right READ the posts. Most of them do say level else where or go to another part of the map basically saying I must leave when mobbers come. Noone is really saying anything about why we should ban mob or why we should keep it, just telling me to go elsewhere or move. STOP wasting posts on me, explain the cons and pros of allowing mobbing or not. Most of my posts are on that i try to stay on subject not say bs when in my FIRST post i said don't tell me to level else where. SODO READ the posts listen to your own advice.
01-25-2006 08:42 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Gambit Wrote:if you not familiar with RO classes, monks don't really MOB atleast not alone, second, you're right READ the posts. Most of them do say level else where or go to another part of the map basically saying I must leave when mobbers come. Noone is really saying anything about why we should ban mob or why we should keep it, just telling me to go elsewhere or move. STOP wasting posts on me, explain the cons and pros of allowing mobbing or not. Most of my posts are on that i try to stay on subject not say bs when in my FIRST post i said don't tell me to level else where. SODO READ the posts listen to your own advice.

Actually what everyone is saying is that, you dont have to stay, nor do you have to leave, but they have the right to train there, whether it be mobbing or not, just because you dont like it doesnt mean that they should be put at a disadvantage for it ^_-

Pros-
Fast and effecient way of training

Cons-
Not everyone knows how to mob, some do a poor job and lead to others deaths, but some dont, should they be punished because you dont like it? ^_-

01-25-2006 09:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

yeah actually cause that causes exp lost, do the others care that you loose 1 mil exp? or that you might not be a class that can warp right back to seals? i think the cons outweighs that of the pros because mainly the cons goes against other players thank manifus though you atleast did the first real reply
01-25-2006 09:22 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Snipes, your sig is awesome.

Anyways, mobbing is illegal on the official servers because it inhibits other people's leveling. AoE spells were not given for leveling, they were given for WoE where you would expect at least a couple dozen to be caught in the tiniest corner of a precast LoV/SG/what have you.

As much as I've mobbed with my sin/sinx on other server's, I'd have to say mobbing falls more under the disrespect-to-other-players-rule. You can mob all you want if you're alone, there's no one to care if there's nobody around. But the second someone else enters the map, you're not entitled to the entire map anymore. You don't necessarily have to "share" in the sense of giving your mob or a single monster to them, but you can't go around acting like you're still the only person in the world who need to level.

Trust me, I've tried getting people banned for being disrespectful to other players, especially when respect your fellow players is one of the rules. I have yet to succeed...

/minirant

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-25-2006 09:30 PM
Gambit Offline
Remi Lebeau

*edit: No need for that kind of sarcasm*
01-25-2006 09:46 PM
GM-Boomy
Unregistered

look, live with it or leave. Like Manifus said, we don't have to ban mobbing because it makes YOU lag when other people are mobbing.

If I'm not mistaken, there's no post where you're saying that you ask them to not mob the entire map. If you did and they replied with an insult or sarcasm, etc. then fill a report about them and we'll deal with it. You can't say "do this" and "do that" to everyone because you don't like it.

(by the way, I'm not mad, I'm not against you, I'm just trying to make you realize that you didn't try everything before you came up with the "ban mob" solution)
01-25-2006 10:06 PM
Quote this message in a reply