Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake

mahawirasd Wrote:because Japan is a resilient nation, especially against earthquakes and tsunamis

and ESPECIALLY nuclear explosions.

Ngjoko Wrote:since i've heard that Japan didn't educate their next generations of their brutal past, which i think is ok since they might not be able to take it or worse wants to follow in their foot steps(scary stuff).

And you seriously think that not educating people on their country's history is wrong because history is boring? How do you think people learn from their mistakes that they made in the past, they look at history. And so what if Japan had an embarrassing, violent history, the only way to prevent it from happening again is to educate people.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 12:49 AM by Landon.)
03-16-2011 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake

well they have successfully rehabilitated and repopulate Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That's a feat on its own right compared to Chernobyl. So even if it takes them years to do it, they'll still be able to rebuild.

-w-
03-16-2011 01:14 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

i'm not saying it's not important, i just personally dislike and couldn't care less. The kingdoms, dates, names, the places, events, over stuffed into my forgetful brain and force me to remember all of them.
You learn a lot, i agree. What i fear is people following the footsteps of the evil.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
03-16-2011 01:37 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake

mahawirasd Wrote:well they have successfully rehabilitated and repopulate Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That's a feat on its own right compared to Chernobyl. So even if it takes them years to do it, they'll still be able to rebuild.

-w-

Bombs produce different isotopes with different half-life.??Cs-137?produced by the reactors has a longer half-life if I'm correct

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 03:39 AM by Jens.)
03-16-2011 03:38 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

either can produce a variety of radiation-laden chemical soup in uncontrolled conditions.

nevertheless the fact remains that if you spend enough money on it, you can clean it up. It took ~25 years for hiroshima and nagasaki, but they did it. Cessium's half life is 30 years, so the difference shouldn't be that big in the greater scheme of things.

-w-
03-16-2011 06:14 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

when i heard the news about EQ in japan, the 1st thing crossed in my mind was something like, "ohh, so what?? they're used to that".
but im amazed with the endurance of japanese building, can standstill with that kind of EQ

and about being hit by tsunami?? "its called tsunami, a japanese term, so they used to be hit by em"

about the nuclear leak?? "errr, they recovered from hiroshima and nagasaki damage faster than predicted, sooo, they will manage it somehow"

and about the death?? i hope the anime studio and mangaka are safe and still can continue their work
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 12:25 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
03-16-2011 12:24 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

For you to select only a certain group to survive is just rude. I might be into anime but I still value human life the most. Don't prejudge the situation, just because tsunami is a japanese term doesn't mean you have the right to tell them that this is nothing. They experienced it themselves so you should show some compassion.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
03-16-2011 08:17 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Indeed. I wanted to say something about how apathetic and selfish Shinigami's post is, but I tend to over react sometimes and I wasn't sure if that was one of those times.

Seriously, 4,000 people are dead, dude; and the number is still rising. Get off your high horse and have some fucking compassion. Where's your head at?

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-16-2011 08:24 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

4000 people are dead??
hmm i wonder how many people dead today and yesterday. or maybe we can predict it for tomorow as well..

http://www.hammeruncut.com/realtime-death-toll-counter/
based on that site (not rly sure if its trustworthy though~~)
more than 100 death in 60 sec. so it just need about 40*60 sec = 40 min (less than an hour) if its just 4000 death. got anything to say about em as well??

and here is the japan registered death table in 2006
http://apps.who.int/whosis/database/mort...rocess.cfm

only compassion without real act is worthless and well, i think those anime studio and mangaka are still consist of human being (and ofcourse living human being). they affect more people than most of the victim
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 09:35 PM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
03-16-2011 09:29 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

You're a piece of shit and not even worth my time.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-16-2011 09:54 PM