Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Novice Castle
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Novice Castle

Personally Namin? does not see much of a reason why Non-transdecents should not be permitted to try to invade the other castles... what is labelled as "one way attack" will leave the non-trans with other things to consider. Sending out forces to try against the trans-permitted castle will not only weaken the non-trans's castle's natural defense (which, players can always switch to another non-trans character to sneak attack it) but they will be pitted against the natural disadvantage to go against transdecent characters.

If the non-transdecent wants to run the risk to do so, then let them risk losing their castle to another group of non-transdecent if they must so insist going against their odds instead of staying within their own territory. Someone noted how the non-trans attacked the other castles after taking Aldebaran... why, how come nobody attacked Aldebaran while it is defenseless then?

It is only natural to assume that those who has trans-ed already has better equipments as well compare to those who did not, because they can start MVPing, and venture further in the tough dungeons. It is not much more work if the trans characters make up a few permanent non-trans characters who can still share the same powerful equipments. Likewise, non-trans characters will still need to use the extra effort to create a trans-ed characters, in order to gain better access to better equipments to remain competitive. In the end, both sides will need to make a new character until everyone has a non-trans and a trans to compete at all castles.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-06-2007 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exwing Offline
Ex

The thing for the new castle was becuase the Trans are so strong that they Over Power the non-trans.. not just that they get booted out of every other castle and let the trans only fight. 1 trans can take a castle, Lord Knight is one of them, with all the HP gear they can get they have crazy mount of hp with Frenzy. the same cant be said with a relguer knight.. agi or vit... what real problem is ther ewith normal non-trans going into the other castles? they cant over power there health, they cant give one Massive attack that will kill the other player in one hit. so.. where is the sense in banning non-trans from other castle's?

This way at least the poeple who have not transed still have a chance to get soemthing and still get the chance to go into the guild dungens not just reserved for hte oldest and strongest guilds that have been here from the start and have pretty much everything other then MvP cards.
05-06-2007 09:57 PM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

Not sure if my opinion'll help since I wasn't there, but..

- Normal classes exist too.
??It'd be nice if I got to play another character in that castle without the fear of super-powered beings.

- It's not the castles fault you decided to switch from Hunter to Sniper, Crusader to Paladin.

- Al De Beran kicking out rebirthed classes is fine, kicking reguler classes out of all the others is not.

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2007 10:33 PM by Lucky Day.)
05-06-2007 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silvanel Offline
Banned

Of course its normal for trans-ed class of the same type to be stronger...

jeeze or else transing would do nothing, my point is that a sage will still beat LK frienzy while a hunter can still own a stalker,while an asura monk will still kill most of the trans-ed too! I seriously dont see a use for thaat castle , woe is all about teamwork, with both trans and regular class.

as an example I remember Guardian spirit guild being raped by a bard loll!!!

anyway, my 2 cents on that
05-06-2007 11:09 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

But if a non-trans guild takes a trans castle they can't defend it. In fact one or two trans can take the whole thing. An LK can disregard the defense and just go straight for the EMP and the non-trans can't do a thing about it. There aren't many sages and the LK will just kill any that are there. It is incredibly hard for non-trans to compete with anything more than 1 trans.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
05-06-2007 11:16 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I have non-trans character, and for this woe I specefictly created a guild to see how the woe would be in the normal castle and the non-trans one.

If people in the normal woes try to attack AND defend a castle, they expose their castle to a high number of people able to attack it.

If people in the non-trans woe try to attack a regular castle AND defend the castle of aldebaran, they doesnt expose their castle to high risks since there are less players able to attack their castle (aldebaran) than regulars one.

This way, people holding the non-trans castle (aldebaran) have an advantage over player (trans or not) doing the normal woe.

Furthermore, as they are having an advantage over some people, I think that the castle drop of their castle (aldebaran) should be lowered, or even removed, since they are having a non-negligeable advantage.

I see the woe in aldebaran as a "pratice woe" where players could try to fight for a castle without being instant killed by transced people who on the server since long time. Nothing more.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2007 12:08 AM by Général_Argos.)
05-07-2007 12:04 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Perhaps it is true how teamwork can overcome the toughest situation, but please do take in mind of the population limit on heRO... If the server is at a larger size of 300 people, then there are many players within one guild for there to work on different options due to a larger degree of choices of differnet jobs and players. In a server of 50-60 such as heRO, one needs the sage to beat the Frenzy LK, but now since a player abandoned the hunter to play the sage, the SinX (or whoever) comes in and still destroys the team. The non-trans need a lot of supporting classes on top of a few "common classes" in order to face a small number of the most common trans classes, such as the swordie tree, sinX or High Priests.

Until heRO gets larger so non-trans guild got a larger population to support a range of variety of classes... doubt there is really too much a non-trans guild against a group of trans, due to the lack of available players to play all the classes necessary to handle whatever situations. It is more likely for the trans-class to break through by brute force than the non-trans to do the same...

Surely, some controllers of trans-classes may want to give their other casual characters some daylight of competition as well. Mr. Ex would have never got a chance to pull out the blacksmith out of forge mode if it is not for the opening of this castle, and may have been forced to play more of his Champion and Paladin only. The introduction of this new castle certainly encourages the 2nd characters (as in, not the assassins, the knights and the priests) to come out and join the action, to actually see blacksmiths and sages for once.

Also, it is a great tool for Ms. Pandora to advertise the server for a greater population growth... as mentioned, it is certainly more encouraging to hear for new players that they can take a look at what woe is like in this server without being crushed by a trans upon setting foot in a castle. The faster they feel that they can contribute and participate in this server, the more likely new players will stay~

EDIT: As for the "advantage" of Aldebaran castle, it is rather slightly flawed of a comparison... As non-trans take the castle and set out to "recklessly" attack the other castles, what stops the trans from suddenly pulling a quick switch to their non-trans, and ambush the Aldebaran castle as well? Aldebaran stood strong, because hardly anyone tried to even attack it in the first place. Whatever problems the trans have to face when they already have a castle and have to split forces if they are to take another, the same problem applies to the non-trans.

Oh, and it is slightly hard to believe that there can definitely less threats for the aldebaran castle in comparison to the other castles... unless heRO really has more trans-ed characters than non-trans... than Namin? honestly does not have much to say... but she doubts that this is the case. Afterall, for every new player who joins, it is one more non-trans character who is pitching in to the "threat" for the non-trans castle.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2007 12:13 AM by Namine.)
05-07-2007 12:08 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

This is why I don't say to ban the non-trans woe but to lower the castle drops.

Krim's grocery list

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2007 12:12 AM by Général_Argos.)
05-07-2007 12:12 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Namine, why editing your last post to make mine have no-sense? Icon_sad

Krim's grocery list

05-07-2007 12:16 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:This is why I don't say to ban the non-trans woe but to lower the castle drops.

To lower their castle drops is equivalent to say that the Aldebaran castle is in anyway, easier, handicapped, and childish compare to the other three castles. Though the trans classes maybe absent from the picture, the competitive nature remains the same as everyone who plays will have definite access to a non-trans character, in which means that everyone has a fair game to take the castle as well, just like all the other castles.

In fact, perhaps competitive nature in this one castle maybe more intense than all the other 3 castles... Those who do not have a trans character, just like what Mr. Killouz imagine, realizes that they may not be destroyed by veterans and loyal players of the server immediately upon entry. They are going against people of their own time who has joined the server for maybe 2 months or less. Thus, every new player flock to this one castle, which may in fact create more challenges to the defender than ever. Instead of the usual "one LK with the one high priest using frenzy to rush for the emp in the last 10 minutes," a castle may actually be constantly under sieged by non-trans without stopping, all hoping for the castle drops to finally catch up a bit to the veterans such as Mr. Killouz and others.

The castle drops here may be a good way to bring the distance between the veterans and the new players closer too, to introduce new blood in woe. Mr. Killouz may probably be slightly bored if half a year passes, and it is still the same few guilds fighting in the castles because everyone else just do not have the good equips to compete yet hm?

EDIT: Because she may have been double posting to just add a post immediately... and also, sometimes adding to her thought yet at that moment of time, dear sir has not posted his reply yet.

To fully accommodate the new castle, Namin? has personally decided to develop two characters in order to fit into both castles easily... a priestess who is already lv 98 ready to trans soon, and a wizard who is still in training to enter Aldebaran in the future. Both characters of the caster nature allow her to share the vast majority of the equipment as well... Really, is it truly so difficult to have a non-trans and a trans ready to use, both at the same time? This may also be a good time to play other characters as well, for those who has never tried all the wonderful classes of RO yet... Would personally love to see more than two battlesmiths (Ms. Miwako and Mr. Ex) in the server that Namin? knows of, and this castle maybe a good time to encourage more of it.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2007 12:23 AM by Namine.)
05-07-2007 12:19 AM