Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the FISH
Cream Offline
Banned

RE: About the FISH

GM-Pandora Wrote:I think what he means is that we should enjoy them since they are not actually meant to be there in the first place, they are already a bonus given to players to make their life easier. We're not removing them, we are only adding a small chance to status, like potato and ice cream do.

Exactly
05-16-2007 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stealth Offline
The Wind

i think we should make a poll about that, u know, we're in the democracy times... unless it's a GM decision with nothing to do with the whiners (those in the max rushed the decision). Well, just my opinion, i actually dun use fish, but i dun think it should be changed cause someone spend his precious time fishing and the other just buy potz and whine cause one use fish... Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
05-16-2007 04:59 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

depends on what status, and which fishes are they stuck on to... o.o;

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-16-2007 05:16 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

So let's see:

Old players who've been here for 4 months and more like the whiney face who made this topic gets to fish with lower bait prices, and use fish with no downside. However, new people who just started recently have to pay double, and must get a downside? Just because the whiney baby loses in WoE/PVP to people who use fish? Did anyone tell you NOT to use fish? Go ahead knock yourself out and use fish. Seriously who gives a crap whether you die or not during WoE? With all the drama after each WoE, I won't be surprised if EDP was removed in the future.

Old players got to enjoy the server the way it is, why can't we new players who recently started get to enjoy heRO the same way it used to be?

And please don't start comparing this server with other servers, other servers are named differently, owned by different people, scripted by different people, hosted by different people. We are currently on heRO, owned by Pandora and whatever is in the server is IN IT. Don't say "There isn't fish, or costum wings on original RO servers". Well guess what? This isn't one of those servers, this is heRO, live with it.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2007 05:26 PM by Bloody.)
05-16-2007 05:23 PM
Cream Offline
Banned

:'(
05-16-2007 05:37 PM
Maiden Offline

Personally, I don't believe adding a status is a very good idea. Alot of us use it for leveling, where you need to live or suffer losing experience. The only people complaining (people meaning person *rolls eyes*) are the ones that use it for situations where they lose no experience. Making the price of baits twice as expensive was bad enough as it was, but it was livable. Now, we have to "look forward" to not only spending more zeny, but to losing experience also?

The idea that it only effects maps that have pvp enabled isn't bad though, seeing as the issue was that people didn't think it was "fair" that they used fish in pvp type situations.

At the rate things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Pandora was nagged to remove fish altogether.
05-16-2007 05:39 PM
DaN!eL Offline
Ebil !!

pots ftw
05-16-2007 05:45 PM
Cream Offline
Banned

Back when I joined (along with a loooooot of people, since the fish system is still fairly new) there was NO fishing, and... guess what? Yes! I still managed to level and reach trans with several characters! How did i do that, omg, prolly haxxed.
05-16-2007 05:45 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Honestly, I don't see fish as unbalanced. The only thing you can do with fish that you can't otherwise is heal SP greater than blue potion but less than 50% of your max. It's not even easier to get them, and not any less weight required. I think that doubling bait price is enough to make them not worth worrying about. You can buy potions, even blue ones. While you couldn't ordinarily buy yggdrasill seeds or berries, or mastela fruits, they're not difficult to hunt. It's not any more cost-efficient for anything, or all benefits put together. There are only two benefits of fish over anything else. First, you don't have to be high-level on the fishing character (in reference to mastela fruit particularly). Second, it only takes one hotkey instead of two.

Is all that worth the extra cost? That's for each person to decide for himself. Personally, I think it isn't.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
05-16-2007 05:46 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Would be fine to Namine if the status effect only applies to Nemo and Doris... a sudden half or even complete full recovery is far beyond the power of any original item almost if one is to exclude the hard-earned MVP prizes... A downside is needed to such powerful items that does not require much effort to get except patience (while the berries/seed basically forces a player to be of a certain level before they can get it. For fishing, anyone with enough fishing experience can get it, even a 1/1 novice.)

However, for the weaker fishes that serve as a slight improvement of existing items by having a combined effect, such as Salmon, Namine thinks that they should be ok already... they can do what 2 items do but it all comes at the cost of weight and time (can easily buy potions in a flash.)

So to Namine, it all depends on which fish and which status... some of the status is relatively neglectable or easily cured that it's not overly difficult to shrug it off. However, if it is say, like stun (worse possible most likely), freeze, or stoned, that is rather a tough punishment...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-16-2007 05:48 PM