Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Concerning the retro castle and extended classes.
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

RE: Concerning the retro castle and extended classes.

Aaron is a noob and needs castles like ald so dont listen to her.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-17-2009 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah ShadesOfBlue is just butthurt from me calling him fat and warming up the benches too much the other day Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-17-2009 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Concerning the retro castle and extended classes.

Aaronock Wrote:Better potential rewards in the castles finally being put in=wonderfullllll :D

Will be put in for new svn for sure. Detailed change list will be up in test/dev for balance review after I'm done the new svn monsters, I'll tackle that next. Once review is done, it'll be posted in main board for final review.

The WoE Castle update will affect ALL castles, not Aldebaran or the trans castles only.

If you have any opinions, send a PM or support ticket to me as I'll be in charge of these changes. And yes I am aware of how iRO changed their WoE drops so don't need to refer to me about that one.

07-17-2009 05:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I personally feel the retro castle is too new. It should just be??regular??(not super) novices,??Archers, Mages, Swordiess, Merchants, Acolytes, and Thieves.

Ya thats right FIRST CLASS woe is the TRUE retro! after all, wtf is SG?
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2009 10:09 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-17-2009 10:08 PM
Astroboi Away

(in response to http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid135377 )

It might have a cap, it still remains the most profitable, seeing how Payon and Pront barely ever go past 20 and are very often brought down to 0.

As much as you want to argue about the attendance, Aldebaran surely doesn't have the popularity you wanted it to have when you opened it. I remember the idea being to reproduce old school woe days, not a few skirmishes by the same small groups woe after woe. I don't understand why you're so reluctant about changing it, Aldebaran has been stagnant for a while now, a change would be nothing but benefical.
07-24-2009 03:06 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

Regarding Alde attendance, you can say it has action all you want....but it does not. Just because some random guilds have been lucky enough to take it while BS gets bored and moves to trans for a bit, does not mean alde is active.

Matter really has to be looked into.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
07-24-2009 07:20 PM
Kroms Offline

Jasper Wrote:Regarding Alde attendance, you can say it has action all you want....but it does not. Just because some random guilds have been lucky enough to take it while BS gets bored and moves to trans for a bit, does not mean alde is active.

Matter really has to be looked into.

Tripp is right.
Close Aldebaran nobody cares about it.Icon_razz

Kroms : Clown
Lavoisier : Creator
Chapo : Whitesmith
Irra  : Assassin Cross
-Kroms-  : Champion
07-24-2009 10:26 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Just move Alde WoE to a different time from trans-allowing WoE. =\

Inasad
stop doing dickers
07-24-2009 10:29 PM
Nyalyn Offline

Since the other thread wasn't meant for discussion of this matter, I'll address Pandora's post here;

GM-Pandora Wrote:Besides, it has seen a lot of action and some change of ownership in the past few weeks/months with bamboo but also sugar rush, wings of valnir, gli atroci, ordo, celestial and a few other smaller guilds showing up at times. The castles themselves are not up for discussion here at any rate, this is about the chests and we're not separating the chests between castles.

Past few months, perhaps, but not weeks; I re-joined the server a month ago, and since then there has only been one single Alde WoE that wasn't as dead as a doornail - June 28th, I believe, which was incidentally the only time I've ever seen the castle change hands, and even then it was back in our hands in a matter of minutes. Every other WoE we've only had stray 2-5 man groups attacking us, barely even getting past the entrance.

<animu picture>
<pretentious quote, possibly in latin>
<character list and level wank-off>
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2009 06:09 AM by Nyalyn.)
07-25-2009 06:07 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Ellie Wrote:Just move Alde WoE to a different time from trans-allowing WoE. =\

No1

I believe that an alternate WoE is possible by borrowing similar techniques the Muspel script how a script activates depending on time of the day and which day of the week it is:

On trans woe hours, the non-trans castle entrance warp can refuse to warp people inside the castle, and the trans castle entrance refusing to warp people inside the castle on non-trans woe hours. That way, you technically have all castles open at all woe times, but you can't really "enter" the castle~

It seems like the best solution, and still tedious work but at least no source code diving is involved (I don't think recompiling is necessary either.) Killing off the castle makes the owner of the castle not happy as unlike closing the trans WoE castle, it's not a voluntary surrender. Have to deal with RMS about losing a feature and server hunters' "false advertisement" claims too if we close it. Best solution then is to move it so you keep the unique features of heRO, while solving the problem that the 3rd castle is dividing the woe population into 2 groups.

The only potential 'con' to this solution is that you have a 4th hour of woe (I assume non-trans woe, if given its own time period, is 1 hour long.) Yes it does have some side effect, but the side effect is relatively minor if we move this to a tuesday/thursday, and harmless compare to all the pros that we can get out of it.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-25-2009 06:38 AM