Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'll just leave this here
Sire Offline
DA JOOCER

RE:??I'll just leave this here

Aaronock Wrote:Into superflat???Then are you a murakami fan and such?
Sorry I can't remember the other artists in that movement atm Icon_sad
Haha I wouldn't call myself a "fan" mainly because it took me a google search to remember who that was but, yeah I'm familiar with his work, and I like it :U
Hmm I think a good example of one that I really admire is Satoshi Kon, director/artist of things like Paranoia Agent, Millennium Actress, Paprika etc. And of course, I'm pretty sure Akria counts as superflat, which I grew up on lmao. ;;
08-12-2009 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: I'll just leave this here

Yay! you coloured it! No1
It is always nice colouring your art because it will increase appeal more and it will also increase your art skills. Oh and btw, did you draw that in the computer o.O?
I was just wondering cause I always draw mine on paper Icon_razz
I do tend to learn new stuff if needed.
You should also join that loading screen contest Ok

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
08-12-2009 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sire Offline
DA JOOCER

RE:??I'll just leave this here

Story Teller Wrote:Yay! you coloured it! No1
It is always nice colouring your art because it will increase appeal more and it will also increase your art skills. Oh and btw, did you draw that in the computer o.O?
I was just wondering cause I always draw mine on paper Icon_razz
I do tend to learn new stuff if needed.
You should also join that loading screen contest Ok

Lol I'm aware of what coloring does for art but-- I like to have my lines speak for themselves, considering I am primarily a line artist. Coloring has just never been something I enjoyed, and because I only really draw for pleasure, I don't do it unless [strike]begged[/strike] asked. :C
And yeah, I do mostly everything on computer, although I know I work better with penciling. My scanner is just really annoying and hard to work with. I always color on the computer because I don't have money for coloring tools :T

Loading screen contest? :Uc
08-12-2009 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Linework is fine, you can do a lot of work with lines, I think you'd be pretty big on using pen for work, or even consider printmaking for things like superflat o.o

Especially silk screening, I think for the type of work you like to aim for you'd totally like them and should look at some sometime.

Akira...<3~

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-12-2009 03:37 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Here's the link
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid139469

Well, I know the feeling of colouring as well Laugh
I usually don't colour myself but to become better I always try to make the next drawing better than the other. And yes, your line art is awesome. I hope to see some more of your line art.
To have the Art/Creation active is always a pleasure ^ ^

08-12-2009 03:39 PM
Sire Offline
DA JOOCER

Lol actually when it comes to pen, I find it rather restricting when it comes to tones and varying shape, unless you want to switch sizes all the time. I prefer a good old .5 mechanical pencil No1

I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE SILKSCREENING. I did it for about a year, it was alright but-- I suppose the repetitive steps and all the ink flying everywhere and the expense of the tools made me step away from it OTL
08-12-2009 03:46 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

LOL, I always use a 0.5 mechanical pen though.. Icon_razz .It has a panda drawing around it and the only disadvantage with mechanical pen is that the line thickness is always. The lightness and darkness of the line will always be constant but i still prefer mechanical :D

I think I haven't done silk screening. But I did some clay figures which people made fun of as a frog -3- (*stares at Galt and Bram*)

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2009 03:54 PM by Story Teller.)
08-12-2009 03:53 PM