Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP and You
Astroboi Away

RE: PvP and You

I heard Mystra say before that he doesn't do pvp events because of all the problems the "kicked out on 2nd death" rule brings. I've thought of something that could be done for that. It would take some preparations but would definitely be worth it in the long run.

A designated map (or perhaps a few of em?) would be used for every pvp event/tournaments. The map would include both a fighting area and a waiting area (similar to the ToH PvP, but a better one ofc). I'm not sure if theres such a map among the current ones so it might have to be custom/edited.

When teams are recalled or warped to that map, it (a corner of the waiting area) would automatically become their save point. The only way to leave would be from talking to a npc on that same map, players are free to leave at any time but they get disqualified and cannot come back if they do so. Map would also contain a healer/repair npc like the toh pvp one, if thats not possible just regular healer/repair, on a corner out of sight from the fighting area.

If that's too much trouble, having the waiting room on a different map would work as well, + and - of that:

+ teams dont spread everywhere, possibly cheating by restocking and delaying everything by pming GMs for recall left and right, aka the whole point of this
+ waiting room doesnt have pvp on so "spectators" cant go apeshit fighting each other
- other teams cant spectate, being stuck in a separate the waiting room
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2009 04:04 AM by Astroboi.)
09-13-2009 03:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

One other thing.

I don't think the tournament, should be based off of WoE rules.

PvP is different in WoE in the respect of reductions. Limiting certain people who would love to join this but can't because there flee is reducted due to WoE rules isn't cool.

Lets start this discussion tho imo.
I have some questions we can discuss maybe <<

Should their be healing items if so, what kind?
Limit Skills? or No Limiting Skills?
How big are the teams?
What arena should it be held at? should it be small? or big?

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-13-2009 10:13 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??PvP and You

GM-Ayu Wrote:Too bad the one fun pvp event that was also easily managed didn't even happen in the real heRO, but it took place in heRO's test server when heRO is switching over to a more powerful computer.

I don't think RO is ever designed for low number pvp at all... so team.

-4vs4 or higher seems ideal
-allow all items except ygg seed, ygg berry and any other item with that effect
-allow all skills
-use guild_v3 or bat_c01 (when that's added to our server) for location
-5 min should be long enough for each battle?
-woe laws in effect, if possible (though I think server can live without if it really can't be done)

Healing items are really fine as long as it's party setting... it's not so much that the healing items are broken, but the game itself is broken if you are playing FFA or low amount of players in a team... Less rules and item restrictions the easier for GMs to handle, script, and easier for players too so they don't have to mentally count if they will go over the limit in how many times they can use a certain skill too.

This is pretty much perfect as far as Im concerned.
09-14-2009 12:46 AM
Astroboi Away

Astroboi Wrote:-No prebuffs. Both teams are killed and the fight starts as soon as they're raised. This opens up a few more options, whether you want to zerg rush the opposite team or take time to do some buffing is up to you.
09-14-2009 01:57 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Are you talking strictly one pvp event or will these happen often? Possibly changing the PvP rooms as a whole on heRO?

Also the biggest problem with people not joining PvP stuff is...gear and levels Icon_razz.

Let's do it USRC style. If it's 4 v 4 gms make 8 special generic accounts with set healing items, set equipment. The equipment is distributed to who the team thinks should have it. Like, I think in USRC they only got one marc armor between X amount of people etc. Creating the accounts would take 15 minutes total if you set aside before hand what each team will get. We can even decide on it in this thread and the accounts can be used over and over again.

This would definitely bring in more people as it would be even ground for all and more controllable by the GMs for sure.

and street, why do you post here Icon_razz I rarely ever see you in pvp and when you are you just WP out before you die ;D.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
09-14-2009 03:49 AM
Yuriohs Offline

Sakurato Wrote:Are you talking strictly one pvp event or will these happen often? Possibly changing the PvP rooms as a whole on heRO?

Also the biggest problem with people not joining PvP stuff is...gear and levels Icon_razz.

Let's do it USRC style. If it's 4 v 4 gms make 8 special generic accounts with set healing items, set equipment. The equipment is distributed to who the team thinks should have it. Like, I think in USRC they only got one marc armor between X amount of people etc. Creating the accounts would take 15 minutes total if you set aside before hand what each team will get. We can even decide on it in this thread and the accounts can be used over and over again.

This would definitely bring in more people as it would be even ground for all and more controllable by the GMs for sure.

and street, why do you post here Icon_razz I rarely ever see you in pvp and when you are you just WP out before you die ;D.

I like that USRC style in terms of gears, I think we should use it.

Kretzer I guess we can use her rule system....its just fish is a turn off in pvp. People who want to duel each other, people who want to battle, don't normally use fish.

So why allow them? Same with pots really in my opinion but meh.

This isn't a flame thread either, so I won't start anything that won't help this thread.

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
09-14-2009 06:59 AM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

GM-Nara Wrote:...My question for you all is, what do YOU want to happen for pvp.
I want it to fade into obsolesence because Battlegrounds were implemented. But..yeah...Icon_sad

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
09-14-2009 12:52 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Ardney Wolf Wrote:
GM-Nara Wrote:...My question for you all is, what do YOU want to happen for pvp.
I want it to fade into obsolesence because Battlegrounds were implemented. But..yeah...Icon_sad

Hopefully, I don't care about pvp anyway. xD
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2009 01:00 PM by KohakuSan.)
09-14-2009 12:59 PM
Yuriohs Offline

Also, I think we, as a player base, should host this event.

Or have an outside party like akuma host it.
I don't think GM's should host something we can do ourselves. If we leave our epenzor's behind us, leave our guild hate behind us we can make a regular, pvp tournament and bring back pvp.
Reason Being, Its babysitting. I should also say this, if anyone agrees with me on GM's not hosting the event. I think, we should decide on a map, whether it be one thats already pvp/gvg in the npc. Or in the RO world.

I don't know how many people can join a @duel, but maybe instead of GM's making a map pvp/gvg or making a custom one, that we can get the team together make sure there all partied, and then all join a @duel. Im pretty sure, in @duel alliances can be attacked regardless, so none of that ToH I CAN'T HIT ALLIANCE MEMBERS crap.

As far as date goes, we can sit around maybe after WoE and discuss whats a good schedule among ourselves.

Edit: Kohaku, if you don't like pvp why you in this thread bro?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2009 01:42 PM by Yuriohs.)
09-14-2009 01:11 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Because I wanted to agree with Ardney and say I don't care about pvp.
09-14-2009 04:01 PM