PvP and You
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: PvP and You

Out schooled again.
Kohaku 2 Street 0

My bad again /swt

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-14-2009 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

lmao @ Street /shy

an idea would be where the party talk to a NPC which warps them into the arena. the NPC will check their Invo like the ToH warper to make sure they r not carrying items which r not allowed. once they're in the arena they cannot move out of their area until the opposing team is warped in also. once both teams r in, they'll get a count down which gives them time for buffs/etc; then they are allowed to move in and BATTLE (this idea is similar with Astroboi's)

the warp npc will always be there, so people can have battles at anytime. there can also be a score board if anyone wants to script that. (score board can be a lot of fun even tho i know it wont be accurate)
the purpose of an available NPC is so that it wont require a host such as a GM in order for a tournament/event to occur.

as for a rule, i just recommend/prefer no healing HP/SP items. like Street said, if ur HP cant keep up with the heals, ur HP must be full of fail.

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2009 10:02 AM by F.x.)
09-14-2009 11:57 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

you should really do what i said...

Make accounts that are identical...levels/gear/classes are same for each team.

This solves _all_ problems. If the GMs don't want to do it I will do it :/. It's not hard and it will attract more people and show what team is really the best.

Unless we're talking about more than just 1 event? I'm to lazy to read the whole thread.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2009 12:50 PM by Sakurato.)
09-15-2009 12:48 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??PvP and You

F.x Wrote:lmao @ Street /shy

an idea would be where the party talk to a NPC which warps them into the arena. the NPC will check their Invo like the ToH warper to make sure they r not carrying items which r not allowed. once they're in the arena they cannot move out of their area until the opposing team is warped in also. once both teams r in, they'll get a count down which gives them time for buffs/etc; then they are allowed to move in and BATTLE (this idea is similar with Astroboi's)

the warp npc will always be there, so people can have battles at anytime. there can also be a score board if anyone wants to script that. (score board can be a lot of fun even tho i know it wont be accurate)
the purpose of an available NPC is so that it wont require a host such as a GM in order for a tournament/event to occur.

as for a rule, i just recommend/prefer no healing HP/SP items. like Street said, if ur HP cant keep up with the heals, ur HP must be full of fail.

No, more like it is not their primary focus to keep you alive in that sense. HP can do a lot more and should be focusing on that stuff over healing. BTW same for Creator and Pot Pitch ;O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-15-2009 01:17 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Sakurato Wrote:you should really do what i said...

Make accounts that are identical...levels/gear/classes are same for each team.

This solves _all_ problems. If the GMs don't want to do it I will do it :/. It's not hard and it will attract more people and show what team is really the best.

Making it is easy, 5 min work for GMs at most for preparing item.

Problem is: sustaining it, and more importantly, keeping all the stuff there and hopefully all those equips don't go missing at the end of the event. There's also problems (and annoyances) with retrieving the password, erasing related emails, changing it, sorting out records in the login logs about which IP got on at which tournament, matching that up with whose char is that in "real accounts".

Quote:Unless we're talking about more than just 1 event? I'm to lazy to read the whole thread.

Yeah we are.

09-15-2009 01:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yuriohs Offline

RE: ??PvP and You

Aaronock Wrote:
F.x Wrote:lmao @ Street /shy

No, more like it is not their primary focus to keep you alive in that sense.??HP can do a lot more and should be focusing on that stuff over healing.??BTW same for Creator and Pot Pitch ;O

Im pretty sure, as a HP you keep up with everything which includes keeping people healed. We didn't say it was there primary focus, there primary focus is w/e there build lets them do. Some priests don't support lol you could have a BP in the mix of the fray.

It all depends on their build aaron, but if its FS there job is supporting the party, Healing included.

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
09-15-2009 02:01 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

Lol Street, it seems like you aren't aware what damage numbers will be there in a team pvp. You can't outheal the damage of 5 people on 5 people. Believe me, it won't work. Probably not even if you would be able to perma heal.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
09-15-2009 04:10 PM
Yuriohs Offline

Thats why you configure your party so you don't have to do that. A party has to have a strategy, and has to organize according to skills according to builds.

Basically, if a priest has to heal bomb a LK to death yea....... no

09-15-2009 05:38 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I think you didn't get the point.
Healing isn't priest's only job. And even if it would be, he couldn't heal enough for pvp.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
09-16-2009 05:38 AM
Yuriohs Offline

Bro, i said in the above 2 posts that healing isn't the only job for priests. I also said the party has to be made off of each individuals skills..........

Say, you have a Devo Pala,an Asura champ,LP-SPsex Prof.
The Devo Pala can gear swap pretty quickly and has a good bit of HP.
Asura champs can do enough damage to kill a Full Vit Tank with GR (lol)
LP-SPsex can pull off a LP pretty fast, and gives sp at a decent rate. The Prof can do bolts up to 9k on certain targets.

This is just a hypothetical situation but what HP do you think would be needed there?

FS?ME?TU?Battle?

Your going to need someone to be able to Heal the Devo Pally and the SP prof. Say, your FS priest can hit 3k heals. Heal has a casting delay, but the prof pulls off a LP the only thing that can really damage it, is something you can prevent from happeneing (physical ranged/melee attacks).

Look up the RO championship vids, pretty sure I didn't see them pot there.

09-16-2009 07:16 AM