My Suggestions
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: My Suggestions

The snipers would probably fail in the 1 on 1 PVP

Therefore not so much a sniper fest.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-24-2009 05:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Loveless Wrote:PvP is awful as it is, we all know the classes that will win at it. Maybe giving fixed equipment per class would not be a bad idea, so everyone gets more chances to do it in that trial.

Some of your suggestions are pretty good, Loveless.??This one is awful, I think.??Not trying to offend you...??but...what???How would fixed equipment per class change the dominant classes in PvP???Maybe I'm TOTALLY misreading the point of your suggestion, but the way I'm reading it wouldn't change anything - it would just let newbies enter and get owned by the dominant PvP skills.??

Some classes are just better at PvP than others, just like some classes are just better at PvM.??There's no easy way to fix it.??

--------------------

MY TOH FIX:

I think a nice compromise would be to make a quest that takes about 15 hours (not consecutive) to complete and involves less farming than some other type of work (so that items can't be bought and it can't be rushed through - maybe custom mobs for the quest itself that can only be accessed via the quest with custom drops needed for the quest, etc).??The reward for this quest could be a ToH Voucher.??Maybe make it so the quest can only be done once every three (maybe that's too long) months.??That way, people who want wings can get them by doing more work and over a longer period of time in case they cannot make ToH ever.??Also, the server broadcasts the names of everyone who registers for ToH, so just add a function where when you register it marks you a shaving finished this hypothetical quest so you can't ToH and then go do the quest for two upgrades in one month.

Perfect idea???Not at all.??More fair and desirable???I would think so.

Discuss.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2009 06:33 PM by azurerogue.)
10-24-2009 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I think Azurerogue has a reasonable idea. It still gives the good ToH classes a 2-month-faster edge if they kept the current ToH and also added a ToH quest like that, but at least it gives people without ToH characters or huge blocks of open time a chance to prove that they're heros too.

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
10-24-2009 06:58 PM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I like it.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
10-24-2009 07:46 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I know the GMs have been really busy lately... I wonder when they will be able to acknowledge this. Icon_suprised

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
10-25-2009 12:06 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

They will keep ToH the way it is. The only suggestion I made and they used was the fish color change... That I know of.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
10-25-2009 04:18 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??My Suggestions

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Mass PVP lives up to it's expectations. Mass, meaning whole lots of people, and PVP, which is um... PVP. The only problem is each side killing their own, which would be easier to deal with (although not eliminating the problem) if we had more distinctive palettes.

However, there will always be those idiots who think it's funny to kill your own alleigance regardless of pallete. If they aren't in party, they can, and will target you as soon as PVP is turned on.

I dunno, I'd think a trial would be best suited if it was tailored specific to test the limits of each individual player, with points being given out depending on how far you get, (this would nullify the handicaps for priest/high priest/baby classes as monsters/items/whatever is adjusted to suit their class), but with as many people that participate, that wouldn't be feasible as it'd make more work for the team, thus making it longer.

If it were feasible though, I'd think some of the "Challenges" could honestly teach experienced players a thing or two about their class (like priests learning to Pneuma when its needed and whatnot.)
10-25-2009 03:21 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

I totally agree about the item gathering part. The players should be divided between two different maps (two clones of Alberta). No need for something fancy like a new map or different spawn rates. Just two different Alberta clones rather than one, with one half of the participants on one map, the other half on the other. Simple.

I don't know if it can be helped, but I think the monster trial could be improved by having a lot more lines. Double the current amount, or something along these lines. Having to wait seven entire rounds (eight players per line this month) is long and boring. Personally, I don't mind it as much as others, because I like to chat a lot with the players, but the faster pace would keep players motivated and upbeat. However, a different map would need to be used to have more lines, or, like my previous suggestion, two different maps (which would most likely require one GM per map, making it a lot more complicated). Either way, I think this would improve the pace a lot. However, the item gathering and PVP parts can't really be made faster, unless it's by separating the PVP groups into two, which is a big hassle...

Finally, there's the possibility of Trial of Heroes lasting two days. It's always on a Saturday, so why not making it Saturday and Sunday? Two to three hours in two days is a lot better paced than six long hours straight. [Totally Unrelated Note] I remember when I was a child. I saw Jesus of Nazareth on TV with my sister. The entire movie was split into three parts, airing one day after the other, roughly two hours per day. My sister told me that it was neat, because the year before, the entire movie aired the same day. Roughly five hours straight. It's a good way to keep the people watching the movie interested. [/Totally Unrelated Note]

So yeah, I think this would work well. With monster trial and item gathering on Saturday, and PVP, trivia and mass PVP on Sunday. Or any other combination similar to that that would work nicely.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
10-26-2009 08:20 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE:??My Suggestions

azurerogue Wrote:
Loveless Wrote:PvP is awful as it is, we all know the classes that will win at it. Maybe giving fixed equipment per class would not be a bad idea, so everyone gets more chances to do it in that trial.

Some of your suggestions are pretty good, Loveless.??This one is awful, I think.??Not trying to offend you...??but...what???How would fixed equipment per class change the dominant classes in PvP???Maybe I'm TOTALLY misreading the point of your suggestion, but the way I'm reading it wouldn't change anything - it would just let newbies enter and get owned by the dominant PvP skills.??

Some classes are just better at PvP than others, just like some classes are just better at PvM.??There's no easy way to fix it.??

--------------------

MY TOH FIX:

I think a nice compromise would be to make a quest that takes about 15 hours (not consecutive) to complete and involves less farming than some other type of work (so that items can't be bought and it can't be rushed through - maybe custom mobs for the quest itself that can only be accessed via the quest with custom drops needed for the quest, etc).??The reward for this quest could be a ToH Voucher.??Maybe make it so the quest can only be done once every three (maybe that's too long) months.??That way, people who want wings can get them by doing more work and over a longer period of time in case they cannot make ToH ever.??Also, the server broadcasts the names of everyone who registers for ToH, so just add a function where when you register it marks you a shaving finished this hypothetical quest so you can't ToH and then go do the quest for two upgrades in one month.

Perfect idea???Not at all.??More fair and desirable???I would think so.

Discuss.

I really like your quest idea. And I'd love to party with a few buds every few months to do it.
10-27-2009 02:15 PM