Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I heard you kids played Aion?
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??I heard you kids played Aion?

Rankin Wrote:im so sick of seeing mmos coming and going WHILE I SIT AND WAIT FOR WARHAMMER 40K ONLINE

hey yo do you play 40k?

Im waiting for that as well.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
12-01-2009 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Sepharius Wrote:Lol, Aion. Most broken piece of **** I've ever played.

And Naru, the private servers are already out. I made a character on one. Played it. Then I realized it's nothing more than a HUGE ASS GRINDFEST. Except the only thing is that it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Oh, and half the quests were broken too. Weird bug that gave me unlimited arrows. And scripted movements/attacks (really annoys me there).

That's why I said I'm waiting for the aion private servers to actually work Sweat

They're so buggy right now that more than half of the game is broken (can't blame them; it's kinda impressive that they even have private servers already for such a new game)

Also, the Aion Visions trailer was neat. I loved player housing in EQ2 and it looks like Aion's version will be awesome Icon_biggrin

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
12-01-2009 09:07 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: ??I heard you kids played Aion?

Naruhodo Wrote:That's why I said I'm waiting for the aion private servers to actually work Sweat

They're so buggy right now that more than half of the game is broken (can't blame them; it's kinda impressive that they even have private servers already for such a new game)
Yes, I've actually got a guild in a private server. Though I told them I'd be gone (I have a level 14 Cleric on that private server) until everything gets fixed and works properly, which probably won't be for a long time.

But they've got a long way to go. As far as it goes right now, I'm not too entirely impressed with the way Aion plays... RO is far more interesting.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2009 09:32 PM by Galt.)
12-01-2009 09:21 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE: I heard you kids played Aion?

Yeah I agree, Galt, Aion is just a purdy WoW with less races Icon_sad

But dern it is purdy *o*

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
12-01-2009 09:30 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: ??I heard you kids played Aion?

Yuriohs Wrote:
Rankin Wrote:im so sick of seeing mmos coming and going WHILE I SIT AND WAIT FOR WARHAMMER 40K ONLINE

hey yo do you play 40k?

Im waiting for that as well.
Yeah, well, they're "working on it".

Very hard to balance, you know, with SM/Chaos being able to curb-stomp everything short of each other and 'nids.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
12-01-2009 09:31 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

"I have a level 14 Cleric on that private server"

lvl 14, private server

^ Points you know nothing Icon_razz

Aion fortresses seiges with 300 x 300 + Balaurs rampaging for control isn't something you see everyday... except in Aion.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
12-02-2009 01:50 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

How dare you speak bad about GW2 Street! Mad

I'm pretty amped about that game, still have quite a bit to still do in Guild Wars 1 though =\.

I played Aion mostly during the open-beta, and if you play the game with a mindset that it will be a "WoW-killer" you will be dissapointed. It's a fun game that isn't really unique at all, but builds upon many ideas from numerous other MMOs. From the time I spent in open-beta it doesn't seem like its worth the $15 a month, so I guess I'll wait until p. servers become more playable.
12-02-2009 02:34 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

GM-Mystra Wrote:"I have a level 14 Cleric on that private server"

lvl 14, private server

^ Points you know nothing Icon_razz

Aion fortresses seiges with 300 x 300 + Balaurs rampaging for control isn't something you see everyday... except in Aion.
Yes, on the private server... I went there from the official with a level 48 Cleric, after college forced me to cancel my subscription. I quit the private server because the quests were broken to heck and back, and the "gather" quest items were broken since the items you needed to harvest weren't in the game. Oh, and might I say that said private server was running on official-level exp rates. So, yes, it was like trying to regrind the same character I already had... which was not very fun.

And the fortress sieges are quite impressive, yes. Though my assumption is that 95% of people will most likely fall under the "death-by-lag" syndrome.

12-02-2009 05:57 PM