Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Desperate
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

RE: Desperate

OMG! I was late for this, WHY FORMATING?!?! Cry??Yesterday I had no electricity the whole freaking day Mad??but well the problems could be fixed easily with whatever PC you are using to write this topic, but I guess we are to late for that.

The Brand/Model was an important info to help you here.??But lest work with your new problem, as I can see you are not very used to installing drivers and formatting so configuring your laptop now is gonna be tricky.??If get stuck with some driver or installation problems just PM me and I will try to help ya the most??I can.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2009 08:18 AM by Kirby_Z.)
12-22-2009 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

Thanks Kirby, will doIcon_biggrin

"DEX? The way I cast, we don't need... dex."

[Image: a43c4aeo7.gif]

Keele Zeibel, professor   89/57
Melvin,         whitesmith 99/69
12-22-2009 12:48 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Formatting a HDD in itself shouldn't be too long, and it's really dependent on your HDD size... my HDD is like 40 mb and it takes like < 15 mins to format IIRC...

now re-installing is a whole other issue... especially if you use windows... Laugh

so here's my suggestion: make a clean break (re-format, re-install everything) and BEFORE you do anything with it (play/whatever), get HDD image-recovery softwares such as Norton Ghost and make an image of your OS drive.

Make it a habit to put games/workfiles/etc on a separate drive so anytime shit happens to your OS drive, you could just use Norton Ghost and have that drive as good as new in 15 minutes...

updating is another issue, but meh that's still faster than re-installing everything again... plus you could update and overwrite the last image anyway if needed...

-w-
12-22-2009 10:19 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Sadly is a pain to make heRO run in Linux, if it wasn't then I would recommend going the Linux way.

On a side note, I just installed heRO in Windows 7 and it runs like a charm. No problems at all, this OS kinda reminds me Linux. Plus I didn't had to install a single driver.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
12-22-2009 10:27 PM
Yuukino Offline
Random Kat

I got a windows XP CD in english from Germany (my pc's windows XP pack 3 is in French). You may wonder why from Germany, well I still stuck in Germany for 2 months, and when insurance gave me back a new laptop, it didn't come with the damn windows CD. Okay, so now I boot the CD, get the blue setup screen with (at the bottom) says "loading this and that thingy". Then I get a black screen, then again a blue screen with an error message (like 000000077 or something like that)... So, does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Be realist and demand the impossible!
Sorsha - High Priestess - 85/55
[Image: tabidatiks60ba1.jpg]
01-02-2010 02:14 PM