Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help Buiding a Soul Linker <3
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

RE: Help Buiding a Soul Linker <3

After talking it over with my husband, I decided to Esma spam too, at least for the level-making side of it.??He pointed out that if I really disliked playing the Esma-bolter, or found I just couldn't support the way I wanted to, I could always rebuild her skills later.

It's pretty fun to rain Esma down, I just wish it wasn't so expensive to get XD But then that's the trade-off, right?

Right now I'm just trying to prioritize the Ka skills I'm getting.

I have Kaina 4, Kaupe 3, Kaziel 3, and Kaahi 2.

I went pretty basic with Soul-links, either what I just liked, or knew for sure I might use because of the characters in our arsenal (or what was a lame pre-req):

Assassin 3
Monk 1
Priest 1
Rogue 1
Crusader 1
Sage 1
Wizard 1
Alchemist 1
Super Novice 1
TKM 1
Soul Linker 1

And with Estin and Estun at 7 each, that's all my points.

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2009 09:12 AM by Gabihime.)
12-30-2009 08:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Max Kaina >>; You will cry so bad even with Kaina at max level at just how costly in SP is Esma. Maxing Kaina for Esma Linker is a given, and should be without exception.

Again my usual beef against kaizel: you really don't need it beyond lv 1... If it's a tank that dies cause enemies hit hard constantly and is too strong, let the ress duties go back to the priest. If you're flee tanking and you just got unlucky, then the 1 kaizel suffice, cause high flee chars got too low of a def that if you do get touched, you die on the slightest breeze. Kaupe will also give you the 1 bonus chance already too for flee tanking.

As for rest of the links, if some of them aren't used for battle or the class isn't a common target to party with, then I wouldn't bother. Stuff like SN linke, usually are done by link slaves and not something done on the spot in the middle of a party. Things like those, I'll rather ditch them.

12-30-2009 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

I took into consideration what you said about the non-battle Soul Links and ditched them.

That maxed Kaina, and I traded two of Kaziel for two more of Kaahi. I will be on a Flee tanker, and when we're leveling alone together we can just carry more emergency rations XD. That and a Heal clip ought to keep us pretty healthy.

That makes my Ka skills like this

Kaina 7
Kaupe 3
Kaziel 1
Kaahi 4

My only spirit other than pre-reqs is Assassin, which I probably won't be using much until he goes trans and allocates more points into using it XD

I currently have it at 3, but I have one extra point floating around. I can either take Kaahi to 5 or put it into Assassin Linker to make it 4. He dishes out fine damage with Sonic Blow, but since he's got more in the luck department than the dex it doesn't always hit, particularly if the beastie has high flee. Since SB can't critical, its got to hit based on his dex.

After I reach my target Int (I was going 99) I think I will ultimately go with more Vit than Dex, just because I already am having some trouble with SP flow. My Priest is a Vit support character, so I'm used to being a little survivable, as opposed to having crazy-fast cast time. I am not used to running out of SP (not for a really long time, at least), so that is pretty new for me XD

I have Egg shoes for my priest already. Will those work well enough on a SL, or should I start hunting Sohees again? If I ever finish my commission for Silk I'll have a Pope Mitre to wear XD.

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
12-30-2009 10:39 AM