Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunculus assit in MVP
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Homunculus assit in MVP

I think more people need to see Krog's sheepy in action. That thing mobs like no other.

Also amistr+castling=awesome...I fail to see how this is a bad skill considering we have the rest+call homunc options to reset delays.

I remember homuncs a long time were not affected by traps. Amistr rocked for laughing at players cause you could essentially quickly walk an Ami through some precasts, castling, and start AD raping...

But personally if I was going to play alchy seriously, I'd get a Fillir cause I like fat birdies :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-05-2010 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

The problem with castling is that you generally cannot castle far enough away to make mobs that have aggroed on you drop on the homunculus - they will usually stay on you.

And as for mobbing like no other. I once made a 50-60ish Slaughter mob with my vanilmirth because homunculus flee doesn't drop due to mob size...so it was 95% fleeing all of them. I had to res it once before I got it to the claymore trapper ready to kill them.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-05-2010 10:28 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

Yes Aaronock, Amistr isn't a total fail. But that what I know off Lif is the hardest to use skills perfectly, for instance the Urgent Escape would be similar to castling as you can in theory run away and prepare for another assault.

But micromanaging should help for Amistr to the results might not be as good. Seth is in for non-AD training until he gets out, poor guy. I will practice my Amistr, and when he still sucks after Seth becomes available, I'll review my Amistr for the shiny Del button.

Icon_cry Icon_evil

Again one of the coolest looking Homonculus in the game Amistr is a bit unbalanced compared to the others me thinks. Cant wait to see info on the Homonculus S, one extra choice and better looking homonculus to choose from.

Icon_mrgreen

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2010 10:42 AM by Seth~.)
05-05-2010 10:36 AM
Mukakruda Offline
Face Eater

i personally favor a vhalimirth over each of them, but lif would be the best for that, (assuming it's transformed that is), be cause with the skills it has just use the whole rest/mental charge tactic, a lot of alchs use this combo on mobs, bosses, bio, etc.

Who says dirt is bad? I personally LOVE dirt, the more dirt I have the happier I am!!

[Image: 440755r104420a011.th.jpg]

Lordz of Anarchy Wizard Power!!
05-05-2010 10:49 AM
AhPohPoh Offline

Im going for Lif

with its mental change activated, it booths its INT and VIT by 2x ( if im not wrong)

that means high MDEF, high DEF and high Damage per second.

And even if it dies, when u res it again, click on mental change, its HP regains Full.

So lif ftw
05-05-2010 11:41 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Homunculus assit in MVP

azurerogue Wrote:homunculus flee doesn't drop due to mob size...so it was 95% fleeing all of them.

RO Knowledge +1

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
05-05-2010 12:44 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

AhPohPoh Wrote:Im going for Lif

with its mental change activated, it booths its INT and VIT by 2x ( if im not wrong)

that means high MDEF, high DEF and high Damage per second.

And even if it dies, when u res it again, click on mental change, its HP regains Full.

So lif ftw

+90 Vit / +60 Int

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
05-05-2010 02:15 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

azurerogue Wrote:The problem with castling is that you generally cannot castle far enough away to make mobs that have aggroed on you drop on the homunculus - they will usually stay on you.

And as for mobbing like no other.??I once made a 50-60ish Slaughter mob with my vanilmirth because homunculus flee doesn't drop due to mob size...so it was 95% fleeing all of them.??I had to res it once before I got it to the claymore trapper ready to kill them.??
Here's why castling is so great: it explicitly changes monster targets to the sheep. And it works as advertised. I've only found two ways to make it fail in pvm. First, if you're still dealing damage, then target-change monsters can still change target. Second, if you castle from too far away, a monster can lose sight of the sheep and then see you (unless you're running while pathing the homun in front of you, you'll typically be shifted backwards with castling). Obviously it doesn't change player targets unless they're simply autoattacking, but Castling really is reliable in pvm.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
05-05-2010 04:37 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

LOL. I might just enter him then into ToH.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
05-05-2010 04:47 PM