Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Current player base.
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Current player base.

An unofficial general rule for p-servers:

"High rates for the pvp, low rates for the pvm"

Obviously there are exceptions but it's pretty true... PvM needs to be built up to it and monsters are made for cap 99 stats, which only a very very small amount of high rate obeys. People here often complained of a small pool of pvp players and "it's the same people over and over again." High rate usually got the volatile population they need to keep the pvp pool seem fresh with new faces and new faces in pvp means different style to fight against.

With all that said and given my history record in heRO, of course I believe heRO should head down the pvm/event/custom as their main selling point and main difference between heRO and any other servers.

As for battlegrounds... heh, most servers that got it are just farming off of it and it really doesn't ignite fiery pvp action as people expect. It'll be like i-tower for us now that people cry foul day and night and when we finally have it, no one climbs it.

So for this poll, closest option I have is "1" but I'll like PvM expansion/update/custom/whatever as well.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 03:56 PM by Namine.)
01-05-2011 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

RE:??Current player base.

Antimind Wrote:BG won't be the huge attraction people make it out to be. On servers that have BG the only reason people do it is for WoE supplies (WoE potions, EDP, and so on).

I think people dont really understand what BG is but it does make it easier to get WoE supplies even though I'm hoping the badge requirements are brought down a bit because of how many you need but thats easy to change. I was on a server that brought down the badge requirements and it made it easier for a lot of people to get the items/pots/weps easier which is what lots of people complain about (That its hard to compete with top tier players with their big shiny weps and vast amount of pots) and if BG came out even the top tier players would have to start doing it because their old weps are obsolete compared to BG ones.

tl;dr
BG makes it easier for players to get the items they need for woe and is more friendly competition then woe is.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
01-05-2011 05:19 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

BG gears are also very very nice for PvM Icon_wink

Actually the amount of badges needed isn't so bad. If you're trying to get a weapon from tierra it can be a pain w/the cooldown (please remove that from heRO BG if/when it comes). Flav is stupid easy to get stuff with the 12 badges/win.

Time limits should prolly be enabled and lowered if BG happens here. Also maybe lower the number of players needed (seriously). With an active pop of 2-3k (not including bots) at any given time it's stupid hard to get BG rollin on officials. Most of the time we just manage to do it cause one of my homies can actually run 12 clients to fill up the losing side alone. On most servers it's just stupid difficult to get a match goin.

If heRO ever gets KvM BGs for the love of god lower the restrictions. Even on officials the ONLY way people actually get KvM stuff is from gettin the points from cash shop lucky boxes. We tried farming those and everyone said screw it after we got like 200 points together. 2k for a single item is just insane.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
01-05-2011 06:10 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Antimind Wrote:If you're trying to get a weapon from tierra it can be a pain w/the cooldown (please remove that from heRO BG if/when it comes).

This please. And I just think it would be a good idea to bring all the badge reqs down because I can see not that many people doing BG as is. We don't really have a population to run BG enough without people afking to farm for badges, unless the number of people attending got dropped to 3v3 for all fields.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
01-05-2011 07:56 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I vote more Quests & customs.

I'd try & maybe even enjoy Battlegrounds once added.
We need to at least get Brasilis & Scaraba dungeons added.

But my number one is still, the Custom Cards we did a contest to draw illustrations for months ago.

PS: I know the GMs are busy. This is just intended as what I & most I know in Hero want to see.
01-05-2011 10:50 PM
Kanto Offline

Also a + about BG is, it gets the "smaller" guilds into WoE faster with the armors and weapons you can get. They arent top tier compared to say...Diabolus so u still have to work hard to be the best, but BG can atleast get u started?

Also, the weapons are pretty cool for PvM. (High Orcs, Rachel Dun, etc) I think if u add some stuff to the rewards such as... Gems, Cobwebs, speed pots, White Pots, Blue pots (no slims) and general WoE supplies without killing the market and set them so it can only be used in WoE, it would help alot, im sure. Just check the market and see what people generally dont sell or farm, and put it there.
01-06-2011 09:30 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

We also tend to have a drop of players in the November - December - January times due to finals, Christmas and going back to school.

During the summer holidays, however...

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-07-2011 03:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Namine Wrote:As for battlegrounds... heh, most servers that got it are just farming off of it and it really doesn't ignite fiery pvp action as people expect. It'll be like i-tower for us now that people cry foul day and night and when we finally have it, no one climbs it.

Quoted because it's true.

People complain and complain about things that never get used when they finally come to the server.

We wanted more custom gears- we got vote for points. It was a big thing at first, people voted a bunch for them, and now- not so much.

I-tower- we had a custom version of it, the 8 players who wanted a real one, complained about it, and now about 8 people every two months even attempt it, but they rarely get past floor 70 or so.

I see this trend going with BG. So what if we get it? It'll be a big thing for a bit, and then people will get bored, and start aruging about who's perma-baby-novice is cuter than the other. (I'm sticking with an oldie but a goodie with this one and staying with JJJ)

Anyone remember the implimentation of the black scarf? It was because people were complaining so much about how underpowered ninjas or slingers were compared to trans classes. The GM's were nice enough to give a broken gear to anyone who 99-ed a ninja or slinger, and now . . . now there are 14 characters in the history of the server that can even wear that stupid gear.

Remember the baby-wing quest? It was because people were complaining about it so much. The people wanted a baby gear quest. So, the GM's were kind enough to put together a baby wing quest together. It was big the first few months, now- only a few people even have them past that origional mass of people that flooded the training grounds to play with that silly magic hole.

I've learned this- be happy with what we have. Really, it's impossible for you to do everything in this game; so stop asking for more. Have you played every class? Have you gotten every custom gear? Are you a ranked noble? Do you have complete fishing and mining points (with matching hats)? Do you have your complete list of final dream gears (everything all +10-ed and the perfect MVP cards) that you want? Have you done every quest on the server? Have you climbed i-tower? Have you got your god items? Unlocked every dungeon? Gone through every dungeon? Done the custom Thanatos quest? Do you have all versions of ToH gen 5 wings for your side? Blessed/cursed helm? Tower helm? All four elemental wings? That's just the surface of what this server offers. Be happy with what we have.
01-07-2011 04:19 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I agree with you on most part Adrillf, but will be the daredevil and defend both sides...

While some of those things are certainly true like i-tower, I'll defend the custom quests why *some* of them have poor show of participants by today.

Older quests made 2 years ago are very attractive and they give powerful rewards... by standards 2 years ago. With lack of update to effects of custom gears, new official gears completely overshadow them that there's no reason to get them anymore. Avian wing is the best example. It was insanely good, then undershirt combo came out and it lost its power, and people stopped going for them. Finally it's upgraded to have movement speed and it became insanely good again, people getting it again for the speed. Then, svn nerf for all movement speed items came, and avian lost its niche, and now dragon manteau combo replaces both avian wings and undershirt combo. Unless you really want pure ASPD thus need the agi instead of pure flee, save the trouble and go get the other combos instead. You can avoid going through the insanity of avian wing which boasts the biggest item collection list out of *every* heRO custom quests.

To certain extent, it even applies to i-tower: why climb it if you can get better stuff out of it with less time, less preparation and less work compare to 2 other MvP giant: Nidhoggur and Satan Morroc. Whatever you have for i-tower, do those 2 instead, and you'll probably reap more benefits.

Guess I'm half the blame for i-tower's downfall by the biggest failure of my GMing known as Nidhoggur Dungeon in its entireity. Gravity can take the other half of SM.

(also another reason why i-tower is popular on other server: guaranteed mvp spawn so you avoid competition... but competition is fragile here to begin with, so there's another reason not to climb the tower.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 05:00 AM by Namine.)
01-07-2011 04:59 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

About i-tower, well i'm not sure about other players, but i play in a cafe. My play time is limited, my characters and my skills are limited, the availability of i-tower is limited, so in turn i can't really attempt to climb it without making myself shaggy.

Back to topic, more events might be good. For instance, players form a party of 3, fight through turtle dungeon, without any fly wings, to the last floor, teleport is enabled though it's a skill after all. It'd probably take 1 hour if the team rushes in. At the last floor, GM had set 1 or a few treasure boxes scattered around the map to spawn after the MVP is destroyed. Then they have to locate it. Only the strong(or lucky) can survive until the last floor and get the treasure.

This is to make the players explore and level in the older dungeons again, not nameless all the time. The reason i think the players are declining is just as the GM said, but also they're bored from the same routine, eventually quit the server.

Opening up all the castles can help too, add in BG is good also to help players get started gearing for mass massacre in the guild castles. Maybe after BG is added, GMs can add or do a custom event in it. Just a piece of my mind though...

Still, what i think would work is more "Fates Party". Enough of the nameless party, main looks boring with the nameless keep on popping up.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-07-2011 07:16 PM