Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
remove zerk mute please
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: remove zerk mute please

I actually think that Gravity made the skill have you unable to chat because that's flavorful.

A lot of RO skills useta be pretty flavorful, and then got changed over the years to suck more and more (hi dere Abracadabra!), or in some cases became super duper broken when trans came around (hi dere Asura!).

Anyway, I do support taking out the unable to chat part of Zerk. However, I do know it won't happen because that's going to deal with source code edits probably and know that GM's make that a no-no zone to touch about 99% of the time. :>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-19-2011 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 Aaron on "flavorful"
*imagines an LK who is rampaging around (both high mspeed as well as aspeed) to be too busy to chat Ok

-w-

PS: what shik said about it being a strategic issue in woe (although kittie explained how external programs could easily overcome that) is also a valid point Ok
06-20-2011 12:58 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??remove zerk mute please

mahawirasd Wrote:+1 Aaron on "flavorful"
*imagines an LK who is rampaging around (both high mspeed as well as aspeed) to be too busy to chat Ok

In tense situations,??talking generally gets people/parties killed. Berserk??(from a pvp standpoint) is generally suicide, especially since most people already know how to counter it on a number of classes, (usually hiding and waiting for it to run out and leave the LK with negligible HP so they can one shot them, or disabling them so zerk isn't as useful anymore aside from stalling the inevitable.)

I honestly don't know where to stand.??On the one hand I like having an excuse I can fall back on and be a jerk with and go "OOPS! CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW! FRENZY!" any time anywhere.??But communication is indeed important for other situations like woe, but they usually have ventrillo or something for that, so it turns into a non-issue.

I think berserk is/should be a desperation move that can only be kicked in when your HP's low. A last resort??Burst of strength that can be used to save your bum either through escaping or kicking ass. But due to the way RO works, that's probably not gonna work due to high damage situations.

Given all that I've written now, I'm leaning towards "don't change a thing". Because I like being a jerk.

PM me on Okaso, I'll guarantee you I'll be in zerk. If not, I will be before i can respond, no matter if I'm in town or off fightin porings.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2011 01:25 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
06-20-2011 01:24 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

From Pandora:

It won't be changed.

Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

06-20-2011 01:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Role Playing view:
Without Berserk = Sane, calm and social.
With Berserk = Insane, blind rage and grunts.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
06-20-2011 01:49 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??remove zerk mute please

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
mahawirasd Wrote:+1 Aaron on "flavorful"

In tense situations,??talking generally gets people/parties killed. Berserk??(from a pvp standpoint) is generally suicide, especially since most people already know how to counter it on a number of classes, (usually hiding and waiting for it to run out and leave the LK with negligible HP so they can one shot them, or disabling them so zerk isn't as useful anymore aside from stalling the inevitable.)

I honestly don't know where to stand.??On the one hand I like having an excuse I can fall back on and be a jerk with and go "OOPS! CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW! FRENZY!" any time anywhere.??But communication is indeed important for other situations like woe, but they usually have ventrillo or something for that, so it turns into a non-issue.

I think berserk is/should be a desperation move that can only be kicked in when your HP's low. A last resort??Burst of strength that can be used to save your bum either through escaping or kicking ass. But due to the way RO works, that's probably not gonna work due to high damage situations.

Given all that I've written now, I'm leaning towards "don't change a thing". Because I like being a jerk.

PM me on Okaso, I'll guarantee you I'll be in zerk. If not, I will be before i can respond, no matter if I'm in town or off fightin porings.

tee hee +1... my wife enjoys her moments of silence Ok

-w-
06-20-2011 03:04 AM